Kids and College
Kids and College provides a variety of quality academic STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) classes to prepare campers for their upcoming school year, expose them to cutting-edge learning skills, and expand their knowledge in many areas.
We’re taking our 2021 summer camps virtual with hands-on activities students can do at home!
Summer 2021 courses are available in culinary and baking, drawing, reading and writing, video game design, math, chemistry, theater, and more! Most Summer 2021 classes include a materials kit that parents pick up on campus prior to the start of class. Students can use these supplies to make some seriously cool creations!
Browse Kids and College Courses by Topic and Register
All Summer 2021 classes will be held via Zoom. In addition to spending two hours of class time with instructors via Zoom, campers will start and end each day with a group meeting to interact, discuss the day’s activities, and make new friends. Plus, a very special guest (MCC’s friendly mascot Roary!) will be there to greet campers each Monday!
- New classes start each week from June 17–July 26
- Week 1: June 14–17
- Week 2: June 21–24
- Week 3: June 28–July 1
- Week 4: July 12–15
- Week 5: July 19–22
- Week 6: July 26–29
- Flexible Scheduling
Classes are available in one-week sessions (MTWTh) or two-day sessions (WTh).
Choose from a morning or afternoon session (or both!).
- 8:45–9 a.m. Morning Check-In (Raffles and Activities)
- 9–11 a.m. Class Time (Students will be placed in virtual breakout rooms with teachers)
- 11–11:15 a.m. Closing Meeting (Parents are encouraged to attend and learn about the fun activities happening at camp!)
- 12:45–1 p.m. Afternoon Check-In (raffles and activities)
- 1–3 p.m. Class Time (Students will be placed in virtual breakout rooms with teachers)
- 3–3:15 p.m. Closing Meeting (Parents are encouraged to attend and learn about the fun activities happening at camp!)
- Age Groups
The Kids and College program is available to students entering grades 1–9.
- Beginner: Ages 6–8, entering grades 1–2
- Junior: Ages 8–10, entering grades 3–4
- Intermediate: Ages 10–12, entering grades 5–6
- Teen: Ages 12–15, entering grades 7–9
- $75/week for two-day session
- $75/week for each half-day session
- $75 for Nuts, Bolts, and Thingamajigs (NBT) grant-funded sessions. These classes will be run for two weeks, per the grant guidelines.
All materials will be provided unless otherwise noted.
- Instructors and Class Sizes
Courses are taught by exceptional teachers, MCC faculty, and camp counselors who will engage campers online with their passion and enthusiasm. Campers will be placed in appropriate grade levels of no more than 15 campers. We have limited class sizes to ensure that campers receive personal attention from their teachers.
MCC is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all campers. All instructors and camp counselors working directly with campers have passed a statewide criminal background check. The structure of the summer program creates an atmosphere of caring and safety, which helps campers learn and build confidence.
There are three convenient ways to register for Kids and College:
- In Person: Visit the Registration Office (Room A258) and present a valid photo ID along with the course names, numbers, and sections you’re interested in and register with one of our helpful enrollment processors.
- By Phone: Call the Registration Office at (815) 455-8588 to speak with an enrollment processor.
- Online: Register for Kids and College Courses
- Supply Pickup
Classes that require supply pickup must be picked up on designated days and times unless other arrangements are made in advance. All pickups will be made in the Cafe using Entrance B. When arriving on campus, please indicate to staff taking temperatures at the door that you are picking up items for Kids and College.