Accessibility at McHenry County College
Accessibility on campus
MCC is committed to creating an environment that is educationally and physically accessible and inclusive to all members of our community.
If you cannot find the information you need or have any concerns about campus accessibility, contact Access and Disability Services.
- View our campus map for locating accessible routes, entrances, elevator locations, restrooms, and parking.
- Parking: Accessible parking is available to anyone legally authorized to use it, provided the vehicle bears the appropriate State-issued license plate or hangtag. Such parking is also available to vehicles bearing temporary disability permits issued by local municipalities or the State of Illinois. All permits must be properly displayed. The fine for parking in a designated accessible stall without authorization is $250. Accessible parking is available in all lots near building entrances.
- Currently-enrolled MCC students can sign up for MCC Campus Alerts to be notified of any safety alerts and campus closings.
- Emergency Response
MCC encourages all individuals to participate in its programs and activities. If you need an accommodation or a sign language interpreter, contact the Access and Disability Services department at (815) 455-8766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility on www.mchenry.edu
Measures to support accessibility
MCC takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of www.mchenry.edu:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods including use of Hannon Hill's Cascade and SiteImprove's web accessibility tools to check compliance.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
www.mchenry.edu is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Additional accessibility considerations
"The Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA) requires Illinois agencies and universities to ensure that their websites, information systems, and information technologies are accessible to people with disabilities. While the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act already require the State to ensure accessibility, the IITAA establishes specific standards and encourages the State to address accessibility proactively." Since the IITAA went into effect in 2007, MCC has strived to meet the IITAA standards, presuming that Illinois communities colleges should adhere to the standards set for universities, even though community colleges are not required to comply.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
www.mchenry.edu is not compatible with browsers older than three major versions.
Accessibility of www.mchenry.edu relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
McHenry County College assessed the accessibility of www.mchenry.edu by the following approaches:
- Use of SiteImprove's web accessibility audits and accessibility checks
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of www.mchenry.edu, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for www.mchenry.edu:
- We are in the process of replacing PDFs that may not be completely accessible.
Please contact email@example.com if you encounter an issue with a specific PDF.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of www.mchenry.edu. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on www.mchenry.edu:
We try to respond to feedback within two business days.