Android and iOS mobile platforms make up 96 percent of the smartphone operating system market, so understanding the fundamentals of programming in the Android Studio development environment is essential to most mobile application developers. Explore core Java concepts and language fundamentals as they apply to Android application development plus learn debugging, version control, and object-oriented programming while earning your Android Development Certificate.
Total Cost of Android Development Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $2,717.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 18
Weeks to Complete: 64
- MCC has gathered an advisory team of business leaders to guide development of this program to ensure that the curriculum prepares you for today's job market.
- By offering critical-thinking exercises, presentations and real-world experience, we help you develop the necessary technical and soft skills employers are looking for.
- The program’s labs run the latest software for both Android and iOS devices.
- Mobile Design and Development AAS
- Web Design and Development AAS
- Digital Media AAS
What you need to know about getting your Android Development Certificate (CIP 11.0202 )
|Additional Android Development Certificate Costs||$737.00||$737.00||$737.00||$737.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Android Development Certificate?
- Software developer
- Web developer
- User Interface developer
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
- The program includes internships and job shadowing. Department chairs maintain a good relationship with area recruiters and industry partners who specialize in mobile development and are members of the advisory panel.
- Salary Range: According to payscale.com, entry-level Android Software Developers earn an average salary of $75,376 per year.
- Job Outlook: employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent through 2024
Ask about internships!
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 479-7539