Become a Summer-Only Student
If you've previously applied to MCC, you do not need to re-apply. Call Admissions at (815) 455-8530 to verify your status if you have questions.
If you've previously taken credit courses at MCC, contact Advising at (815) 479-7565 for assistance.
If you've never attended MCC before…
- Complete and submit your application online ($15 fee)
- Speak with your advisor at your four-year college/university for recommendations for MCC courses. For additional resources, speak with an MCC advisor, and review MCC transfer information
- Contact a New Student Enrollment Coach at (815) 479-7732 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about classes or assistance with the application process
- If the course(s) you wish to register for require(s) prerequisites, email transcripts (high school or college) to email@example.com. You must prove you meet the course prerequisite(s) before you can register
- Transcripts do not have to be official
- Transcript documentation must include your full name, the college's name, and coursework with grade information
- Take placement tests if necessary. Some ACT/SAT scores or grade point averages may be used instead of placement tests.
- Register for classes online, by calling (815) 455-8588, or in-person in Registration
- You'll need your MCC username and password to register online. See step-by-step instructions and watch helpful videos about registering for credit classes through Student Planning.
- You may need to register in person if your course has prerequisites
- Pay your tuition and fees
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and then submit a scholarship application
- Buy books
- Request that MCC send your transcript to your school after finals