Become a First-Time Student
If you've previously submitted an application to MCC, you do not need to re-apply. Call Admissions at (815) 455-8530 to verify your status if you have questions.
If you've previously taken credit courses at MCC, contact Advising at (815) 479-7565 for assistance.
If you've never attended MCC before…
- Complete and submit your application online ($15 fee)
For assistance with the application, or to discuss programs and options, email a New Student Enrollment Coach or call (815) 479-7732.
- Send your transcripts and test scores to MCC
- Ask your high school to send your official transcript to MCC. A high school transcript is not required for admission but may be required for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) purposes
- Transcript documentation must include your full name, the school's name, and coursework with grade information; final high school transcripts must include your graduation date
- Send ACT and SAT scores to email@example.com or request them officially from the College Board
- Request official Advanced Placement (AP) scores from the College Board
- To transfer college credits from another institution, see information about college transcript evaluation
- Take English, math, and reading placement tests in the Testing Center. Some ACT/SAT scores may be used instead of placement tests. To inquire whether placement tests are required for your program, ask an academic advisor.
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitting a scholarship application
- Complete New Student Orientation
- Meet with an academic advisor
- Register for classes online or in-person in Registration, A258
- You'll need your myMCC username and password to register online. See step-by-step instructions and watch helpful videos about registering for credit classes through Student Planning
- You may need to register in person if your course has prerequisites
- Pay your tuition and fees
- Buy books and supplies