Voices Literary Magazine
Voices is published each Spring semester to give you, the contributing students, a chance to see the publication in May before you graduate, transfer, or head off to become rich and famous artists, musicians, and writers!
Submit Your Work for Voices 2022
Submissions are due December 2, 2021, 3 p.m. to be considered for the 2022 issue. Submission guidelines »
- Gold Crown Award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association
- Literary (fiction, creative non-fiction, drama, poetry)
Submissions: Voices, Attention: Voices Literary Editors
- Work must be submitted via e-mail to Voices, and all author information (name; address and telephone number; title of work; genre of work) must be included in the body of the email message.
- Manuscripts must be submitted as .doc, .docx, or .rtf attachments
- Up to three poems per person will be considered: No word limit for poetry
- Up to two stories (fiction and creative non-fiction) per person will be considered: 3,000 words maximum per piece submitted
- Up to two plays (stage and screen) per person will be considered: 15 page maximum per piece submitted
- All prose manuscripts must be double-spaced
- All manuscripts should be ready for publication (i.e. proofread and edited)
- Download submission form
- Art (photography, painting, drawing, ceramics, sculpture, jewelry, digital media, mixed media, video)
Submissions: A144, Attention: Voices
- Students may enter up to three pieces of artwork (across categories) online and then drop the work off in the Art Office (A144). Complete the online entry form before dropping off the artwork.
- Categories: Photography, Painting, Drawing, Ceramics, Sculpture, Jewelry, Digital Media, Mixed Media, Video
- Works on paper must be at least temporarily mounted to a rigid backing. Include a cover sheet to protect the surface.
- No wet paintings are allowed.
- All digital artwork must be submitted in digital TIFF format at 360 dpi or higher, accompanied by a printout. Please see your instructor for assistance.
- Multimedia or digital animations can be sent as QuickTime files. Please see your instructor for assistance.
All art submissions will be entered for a chance to receive the Dan Risch Memorial Scholarship for Visual Arts. The winners of this scholarship will be awarded $250 to be used for art and school supplies during the Spring semester
- Performance (music, spoken word, short film, video)
Submissions: B258A, Attention: Voices
- Performance recordings must be submitted via Dropbox or a link can be emailed to Paige Lush (Attention: VOICES)
- Up to two songs per person or group will be considered
- Up to two spoken word pieces per person or group will be considered: 10 minute maximum per spoken word piece submitted
- Up to two short films per person or group will be considered: 30 minutes maximum per film submitted
Films and spoken word recordings must be ready for publication (i.e. edited and submitted including credits)