VITA Tax Clinic
Free Income Tax Preparation
MCC offers free tax assistance and e-filing of federal and state returns for those who qualify with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic.
2024 Walk-In Hours
- Wednesdays: January 24–April 17 from 3:30–8:30 p.m. (closed March 27)
- Saturdays: January 20–April 13 from 9 a.m.–2 p.m. (closed March 30)
Park in Lot B, enter Building A, Door A6, the entrance closest to Route 14
- What are the Benefits of the VITA Tax Clinic?
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Fast Refunds with free e-filing of federal and state returns
- VITA-certified preparers
- Banking and financial counseling (appointment required)
- Trained staff will help individuals complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form with the completion of the tax return. (appointment required)
- Amended and prior years’ returns (2020–2022) after March 10
- Language services provided
- Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) for processing Individual Taxpayer Identification Number request (ITIN). An ITIN is required for undocumented workers (those in the U.S. without papers) who are working. If you earn money in the U.S. as a resident, citizen or visitor, you have to file income taxes. If you can’t get a Social Security number, you’ll need an ITIN to file your taxes. An unexpired passport is necessary.
- Who Qualifies?
The VITA Tax Clinic prepares tax returns for individuals or households with incomes less than $64,000.
- What Do I Bring to the VITA Tax Clinic?
- Prior year's tax return
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letters for all family members reported on the tax return (mandatory)
- Valid photo identification cards (for main taxpayer(s) on tax return)
- Bank account routing and account number for direct deposit
- Earnings statements (wages W-2s), pensions, social security, unemployment, interest, dividends, 1099s, etc.
- Brokerage Statements
- Tuition statements and expenses (1098-T)
- Mortgage interest statements (1098)
- Real estate tax bill
- Cancellation of debt/bankruptcy information
- Self-employed business income and expense (summarized income and expenses categories)
Follow our VITA Facebook page to keep up with the latest information.