MCC offers free tax assistance and e-filing of federal and state returns for those who qualify beginning January 25, 2020 with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic.
Additional services include:
- Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) for processing Individual Taxpayer Identification Number request (ITIN). An ITIN is required for undocumented workers (those in the U.S. without papers) who are working.
- If you earn money in the U.S. as a resident, citizen or visitor, you have to file income taxes. If you can’t get a Social Security number, you’ll need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to file your taxes.
- Trained staff will help individuals complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form with the completion of the tax return. (appointment required)
- McHenry County College, 8900 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL in Building A, Room 102
- Mondays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., January 28 through April 15 (closed March 25)
- Wednesdays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., January 23 through April 10 (closed March 27)
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., January 26 through April 13 (closed March 30)
No tax prep at Harvard, drop off and pick up a week later
- Harvard - 401 N. Division Street, Harvard, IL
- Mondays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., January 28 through April 8 (closed March 25)