Tuition and Fees
|Type of Student||Cost|
|District 528 residents||$116.50|
|District 528 Senior Citizens 65 or older pay fees only.||fees only|
|Online courses (regardless of residency)||$116.50|
* If you reside out of the college district but are employed at least 35 hours per week within the district, you may be entitled to an in-district rate. Provide the Registration office with a letter from your employer (on company letterhead, with the name, address, and phone number of the company) verifying that you're employed at least 35 hours per week, including the typed name of the business owner or manager, and signature of the owner or manager.
|Non-refundable Admissions Application fee||$15.00|
|Non-refundable Registration fee||$ 7.00 per semester|
|Technology fee||$ 9.00 per credit hour This fee applies to all students.|
|Infrastructure fee||$ 7.75 per credit hour This fee applies to all students.|
|Audit fee||$145.21 per credit hour|
|Online course fee||$15.00 per credit hour|
|Blended course fee||$ 7.50 per credit hour|
|College in the High School course fee||$ 25 per course|
|Course Specific Fees||Varies by class|
College in the High School Course Fee Information - Students participating in College in the High School are assessed a $25 per course fee. Payment can be made through myMCC, in-person, or over the phone through the MCC Registration and Records Office at (815) 455-8588. Payment is not required to begin classes. Additional information, including billing, will be provided to families mid-semester.
Nelnet Automatic Tuition Payment Plan
Important Payment Plan Note
The Nelnet payment plan is a contract agreement between you and Nelnet.
- All scheduled payments are expected to be made.
- Applying for financial aid does not exempt you from making contract payments on time.
- Be aware prior to signing this payment plan agreement that most financial aid is applied after all payment due dates.
- How can I pay tuition using Nelnet Payment Plan?
- You will need:
- your myMCC username and password
- credit card or debit card number, a checking or savings account bank routing and account number
- Visit myMCC
- Select Self-Service
- Select Student Finance
- Hover over the Student Finance tab and select Nelnet Payment Plan
- Select Proceed to Processor
- If this is your first time enrolling in the plan, you will be asked to create a profile
- Select the term you want to set up a payment plan for
- You will need:
- How much will it cost me to use Nelnet?
- $25 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee
- $30 returned payment fee
- 2.85% credit/debit card convenience fee with each payment
- How will I make my payments?
Choose one of the following options:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)
- Authorize the automatic payment plan to withdraw your payment each month from your bank account.
- Choose to have your payment withdrawn from your savings or checking account.
- Payments are withdrawn on the fifth of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
- Credit/Debit Card Option
- Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you choose.
- Payments will be charged on the fifth of each month until the balance is paid in full.
- 2.85% credit/debit card convenience fee will be charged with each payment
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)
- How will my payments be spread out?
For your convenience, you can enroll in Nelnet payment plan online once you've registered for classes. Tuition balance will be divided into monthly installments. The earlier you enroll in Nelnet, the more flexibility you have to spread out your payments.
- What if I have a past due balance from a prior term?
Past Due Payment Plan
If you are finding it difficult to pay the entire amount due from prior terms all at once, MCC offers a Past Due Payment Plan that makes it possible for you to pay your balance over a few months, instead of in one payment. This plan applies to terms going back one year.
To enroll and view your balance due, visit myMCC and select Self-Service > Student Finance > Nelnet Payment Plan.
Enrollment fee: $25
Down Payment: 10%
Options: two, four, or six months
- What if I haven’t been approved for financial aid yet?
Deferred Payment Plan
Students who apply for Financial Aid and meet certain eligibility requirements may enroll in the Deferred Payment Plan to hold their classes while their aid application is pending.
This plan also provides a way for you to pay any balance you may owe after your award has been disbursed over 3 months. The Deferred Payment Plan and any fees will only go into effect if a balance is due after your aid award is disbursed. If your award pays all tuition and fees, the payment plan will not be activated. If your award doesn't pay all tuition and fees, the deferred payment plan will be activated to collect the remaining balance due. To enroll in this plan, visit myMCC and select Self-Service > Student Finance > Nelnet Payment Plan.
Enrollment fee: $25 (due when the plan is activated)
Down Payment: None
Options: two months for Summer or three months for Fall and Spring
- Whom should I contact if I have more questions about Nelnet?
Options to Pay Tuition In Full
- Pay in Person
at the Registration Office, A258 by cash, check, credit/debit cards
- Pay by Mail
Make check or money order payable to:
McHenry County College
Student Accounts Office
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
- Include student's name and MCC ID number on the check
- No post dated checks
- Pay by Phone
Use your credit or debit card and call (815) 455-8588
- Pay Online
- Visit myMCC, select Self-Service
- Select Student Finance and then Make a Payment to make a full payment. (If you need a payment plan, select Student Finance and then Nelnet Payment Plan and see the payment plan instructions.)
- Check the item you wish to pay.
- Choose the Payment Method from the drop down menu.
- Select Proceed to Payment.
- Review your transaction. If everything is correct, select Pay Now.
- Enter your account information and select Continue.
- Confirm that your account information is correct and select Make Payment.
- Review the payment acknowledgement and select Continue.
- Record your reference number for the payment if necessary and select Continue.
- Visit myMCC, select Self-Service, Student Finance.
- Select Account Activity.
- Alternate method is to select Student Finance tab at top of page and select Account Activity.
- Select a semester from the Term drop-down menu.
- Note: Selecting View Statement will create a PDF in a new browser window. You will have to close the PDF to return to the previous page.
- You can Expand All to see account activity broken out by tuition and fees and registration fees.
Is someone else paying your tuition?
MCC will not provide tuition due/any financial information to anyone other than the student without a Release of Confidentiality form on file. Forms are available in Registration, A258.
It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of McHenry County College withdrawal and refund policies. See our Refund Policy.