Sponsor a Student’s Education
MCC offers companies the option to sponsor a student’s education by participating in the sponsorship program.
Financial sponsorship is an agreement by an agency, company, or other organization to pay all or a portion of a student’s tuition and fees.
When the college bills the sponsor, a sponsorship credit is placed on the student’s account, allowing the student to attend classes while the college waits for payment from the sponsor. This credit does not represent payment from the sponsor or relieve a student of their financial responsibilities. If the sponsor does not pay the bill, the sponsorship credit may be removed from the student’s account and the unpaid charges may be placed back on the student’s account.
How to get started sponsoring a student's education
The steps to complete the sponsorship agreement process are as follows:
- The student fills out the student section and course section of the Company Sponsorship Agreement form.
- The student either prints out the Company Sponsorship Agreement form to sign it or signs it digitally with a date and time stamp.
- The student sends the signed Company Sponsorship Agreement form to the company that is sponsoring them, either by email or US Mail.
- The company fills out the percent or dollar amount covered by this agreement and the company section of the Company Sponsorship Agreement.
- The company either prints out the Company Sponsorship Agreement form to sign or signs it digitally with a date and time stamp.
- The company sends the completed Company Sponsorship Agreement form and a completed W-9 to MCC by email, US Mail, or fax. The email address is email@example.com. The mailing address is McHenry County College, Attention Registration and Records, 8900 US Highway 14, Crystal Lake, Illinois. The fax number is (815) 455-3766
- Once the college receives the form, it will be reviewed and processed.