Our ASE Education Foundation Accredited training program can lead you to a great automotive career!
The Automotive Technology AAS will provide you with the knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to become an entry-level automotive repair technician.
All automotive classes are taught by ASE Master Certified Technicians. Each instructor has 20 to 30 years experience within the automotive industry.
Take classes full- or part-time, days or evenings, year round. Check the automotive courses for current offerings.
Apply the courses from your Advanced Automotive Maintenance Technician Certificate toward your Automotive Technology AAS. Your general education courses round out your technical knowledge and prepare you for employment in a range of fields from transportation refrigeration to construction equipment maintenance to education teaching automotive technology.
Total Cost of Automotive Technology AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $11,113.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 65
Weeks to Complete: 64
What makes MCC's Automotive Technology AAS program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- Ranked one of the top 20 automotive training programs in the nation by Tomorrow’s Technician Magazine in 2015.
- State-of-the-art automotive labs
- Hands-on learning in addition to performing live automotive jobs
- Small class size
- Advisory board of local business owners and educators
- Internship program
- More affordable than other commercial ASE Education Foundation Accredited training programs
In addition to the Automotive Technology AAS, we offer:
- Automotive Technology AAS, Management Option
- Automotive Chassis Certificate
- Automotive Electrical Certificate
- Automotive Maintenance Technician Certificate
- Advanced Automotive Technician Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Automotive Technology AAS (CIP 47.0604 )
|Additional Automotive Technology AAS Costs||$3,865.00||$3,865.00||$3,865.00||$3,865.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Automotive Technology AAS?
- Automotive Technician
- Service Manager
- Service Writer
- Insurance Adjuster
- Custom Equipment Repairs
- Small-Engine Repair
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||49-3023|
|Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment||49-2093|
|Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles||49-2096|
How will MCC's Automotive Technology AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
MCC receives an average of three calls per week from businesses as far away as Streamwood, Vernon Hills, Fox Lake and Barrington requesting graduates from MCC's automotive program.
By the Numbers:
- Salary range: $30,000 to $80,000
What have graduates gone on to do?
MCC prepared me for my career in automotive by not only giving me the book knowledge I needed to be successful, but also allowing me enough time to be in the lab, where I gained experience within the industry by using the tools and working on vehicles that are commonplace in today's market segment.
Outside of the Classroom
Students participate in internships with local businesses to gain hands on experience.
- For the safety of our students, all students must wear long pants (jeans), work boots and safety glasses to all classes.
- Automotive courses »