We help community members, age 16+, who want to
- develop better English language, literacy, and life skills
- earn a secondary (high school) equivalency certificate
- transition into post-secondary (after high school) education
- Citizenship Preparation to learn about eligibility for naturalization, United States history and government, and prepare for the naturalization interview and exam
- English as a Second Language Classes to improve spoken and written skills to help non-native speakers learn to navigate everyday conversations and situations
- High School Equivalency (GED) Preparation to study reading, writing, math, science, and social studies to prepare for the General Education Development (GED) examination or high school diploma
Adult Education students receive support from their instructors, adult literacy tutors, and a bilingual Adult Education Navigator to connect them with college departments and employment support.
Students must register with the Adult Education Department. Call (815) 455-8752 to schedule an appointment to register or for more information.
If you would like us to contact you about English as a Second Language, citizenship test preparation class, or high school equivalency preparation classes, please provide us with the following information.