Learn Welding at MCC
Welding is an ideal profession for those who love to work with their
hands. Welders work in a variety of environments, both indoors
and out, using heat to melt and fuse metal for a common bond.
If you’re a physical person with an eye for detail and the ability to
concentrate, consider a rewarding career in welding. Many of the
products we use today involve welding, so your opportunities in the
welding industry are endless. This is a noncredit training program. Tools, books, supplies and protective gear are provided for your use while enrolled in the class.
Welding Boot Camp
Training will include:
- Welding Technology
- Basic math concepts for welders
- Blueprint Reading
- Plant Safety
- Welding Skills (MIG) (TIG) (ARC) with multiple metals
- Welding techniques on various joints in all positions on most commercial metals.
- Welding data covering processes, filler metals, equipment, welding symbols, terms and definitions.
- Valuable information on set-up tools and set-up applications.
- Basic welding information including common arc welding process descriptions, welding data charts and tables, and metric conversion.
- Student to instructor ratio is 6 to 1, creating an ideal learning environment and ensuring personalized attention.
Advanced Welding is designed to teach the advanced principles of mild steel, plate only, using the MIG welding process. A.W.S. standards will be followed. The instructor will discuss the requirements for obtaining certification during class.
Certification Qualification Preparation
Welding Certification Qualification Preparation is designed
to prepare an experienced welder for the certification test in
A.W.S. D1.1 on mild steel, plate only, using the MIG process. The
majority of class time will be hands-on practice of welding skills
needed to pass the certification test. A.W.S. standards will be
followed. Accredited testing sites and fees will be discussed in
addition to the requirements for maintenance of certification. Discuss the requirements for obtaining and maintenance of certification during class.