Take a virtual tour of our state of the art culinary teaching lab.
The Culinary Management (CLM) program at MCC introduces you to the range of opportunities found in the hospitality field. We prepare you with the necessary skills for starting positions within various settings of the food service industry. Coursework includes introduction to hospitality and safety and sanitation, as well as skills classes in both culinary skills and in baking and pastry. Courses are designed to meet industry standards.
The purpose of the CLM program is to increase the number of individuals trained in specialized food handling and preparation skills to fill a growing number of entry-level positions in the regional food service industry.
Sweet Scots Bakery, our student-run bakery, operates in the Fall semester on Mondays and Tuesdays.
All students in lab skills classes are required to have the approved MCC student uniform, hat and tool kit. Uniforms and tool kits are ordered via an outside vendor. Order your uniform and tool kit today ⇒. Please be aware that the vendor is not able to accept financial aid as a form of payment.
Total Cost of Culinary Management AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $11,721.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 71
Semesters to Complete: 6
What makes MCC's Culinary Management AAS program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
MCC offers two Associate of Applied Science degrees and several related certificates. The program is designed so you can complete your Chef's Assistant I Certificate, Baking and Pastry Assistant I Certificate and/or Assistant Confectioner Certificate as you work toward either your Culinary Management AAS or your Baking and Pastry Management AAS.
Be sure to apply for MCC scholarships to help defray the cost of your education. We have several scholarships especially for culinary students.
In addition to the Culinary Management AAS, we offer:
- Assistant Confectioner Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Management AAS
- Baking and Pastry Assistant I Certificate
- Chef's Assistant I Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Culinary Management AAS (CIP 12.0504)
|Additional Culinary Management AAS Costs||$4,550.00||$4,550.00||$4,550.00||$4,550.00|
How do I know this program is right for me?
- Are you able to maintain a professional level attendance record?
- Are you able to perform repetitive tasks for an extended amount of time?
- Are you physically able to work in situations with time limits?
- Are you mentally able to work in situations with time limits?
- Are you able to lift up to 50 pound boxes or bags of product?
- Are you able to efficiently and safely handle and grip a knife?
- Are you able to read and write clearly and concentrate effectively?
- Are you able to perform basic math skills without the aid of a calculator?
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Culinary Management AAS?
Line cook, lead cook
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||35-1011|
|Cooks, Private Household||35-2013|
|First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers||35-1012|
|Food Service Managers||11-9051|
How will MCC's Culinary Management AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- By completing the Sanitation and Safety course, you are eligible to sit for the State of Illinois Sanitation Certificate examination.
- Ask about internships!
By the Numbers:
- Salary Range: $25,000 to $35,000
- Job Outlook:
- On average there are more than 800 openings in the culinary field in McHenry County alone
- Ninety percent of students find jobs in culinary arts within one year of graduation
What have graduates gone on to do?
- Graduates have gone on to other institutions such as Kendall College and Roosevelt University to further their culinary arts educations. See information on transferring a two-year AAS degree to a four-year Hospitality/Culinary program.
Outside of the Classroom
- In addition to standard coursework, you have the opportunity to work in our Slàinte, our student-run restaurant, and Sweet Scots, our student-run bakery
- Find out about the Hospitality Club
- American Culinary Federation
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 455-8732 or email@example.com
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you ⇒