If you want to register for a class section that is filled, you have the option to be added to a waitlist. A waitlist is a list of students who want to enroll in a class section that's full.
If someone registered in the class section drops or doesn't pay by the payment due date and you're on a waitlist, you may be notified of the opening by email. If you're notified, you will have only one day to register. Therefore, it's imperative that you check your MCC email often if you are on a waitlist (even on the weekends or during break).
Placement on a waitlist does not guarantee enrollment in a class. Places on the waitlist are first come, first served.
- How do I add myself to a waitlist?
After you've planned your courses, schedule your sections in Plan and Schedule.
- In the Schedule tab, on the course list on the left, select View other sections to view the times and dates a course is offered. If the course is full, you'll be able to see there is a waitlist available by opening the course.
- Move down the selected sections to see how those sections will fit in your schedule. They'll be highlighted on the calendar view on the right.
- Select your desired section, then Add Section to Schedule.
- Select the “Waitlist” box on the left-side, which will add you to the waitlist for the course.
- Being on the waitlist does not mean you are registered.
- Do not go to class if you're on the waitlist but have not registered.
- Waitlists will be emptied and closed a week before classes start.
- How will I be notified of a seat opening up in a class section?
We'll send an email to your MCC email address from the registration office if a seat becomes available. You will have one calendar day only to register for that class. It's very important to check your MCC email daily if you're on a waitlist.
If you get an email about an opening, you may register for the class through myMCC or by contacting Registration by the deadline in the email. If you don't register for the class, the next person on the waitlist will be offered the open seat.
If it's past tuition due date, you must pay your tuition in full, get on the payment plan, or have financial aid to cover your tuition and fees. If you do not, you may be dropped from the course.
- Can I waitlist for more than one section of the same course?
Yes, you can waitlist for more than one section of the same course. However, if then you register for one of the sections of the course, you will be removed from all the other waitlists because you have made a registration decision. You may add yourself back onto waitlists after a registration decision but you're added to the bottom of the waitlists.
- When does waitlisting end?
Waitlists close approximately one week prior to the start of a semester. You may add yourself to a waitlist until then. After that, you'll have to look online to see if there are openings.
- What if I change my mind and want to remove myself from the list?
Go to myMCC, Self-Service, Plan and Schedule, select Drop Waitlist under the class you're waitlisted for.
- What if I haven't been given permission to register after waitlisting closes?
You'll have to find other options in the schedule online.
- What if I'm already on a payment plan or I'm receiving financial aid?
If you've enrolled in a payment plan and subsequently add classes, you will have all additional tuition and fees added to the payment plan and those charges will be subject to the same terms and conditions as the original payment plan. You can check on myMCC, Self-Service, Student Finance, ‘Account Activity’ to see what you may owe.
- How can I find out where I am on the waitlist?
You can call the Registration Office at (815) 455-8588 or come into the Registration Office in A258 to check your rank.
- Why does it appear that there are seats open in a class section, but I can't register for that class?
This will happen because the class has been waitlisted and those seats are reserved for the students on the waitlist. You can add yourself to the waitlist.
- What if I receive an email telling me I have permission to register for a waitlisted course, but it's not letting me register?
Even if you receive permission to register, you must still meet any prerequisite requirements. Also, if you have a registration restriction on your student record you will not be able to register. Contact the Registration Office with questions.