Tutoring Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to make an appointment for tutoring?
In-person tutoring is drop-in (no appointment required), except for accounting and Spanish. When you join Sage Tutoring and Online Writing Lab you will have contact information for the accounting tutors and Spanish.
- What if tutoring isn't offered for a class I'm taking?
- What if I need help with studying strategies, time management, and techniques to strengthen my skills to become a stronger student?
Contact a Learning and Retention Specialist by emailing us at email@example.com
- I've never been to the Sage Learning Center before. What do I do?
It's simple! Come to the Sage Learning Center located in the library (A212), sign in on the computer (you will need your student I.D. number), and a staff member will help you find the table for the subject. When you're finished, sign out.
- Can I see a tutor for more than one subject?
Yes! To see a tutor for another subject, sign out and then sign back in and select the subject you would like to next receive tutoring in.
- What do I need to bring to tutoring?
Make sure that you have the appropriate materials for your course and the assignments that you would like help with.
- What can I expect from the tutors?
They will help you work through your assignment and clarify concepts.
- Where do I go if I need additional instruction for my class?
Check your instructor’s student conference hours and see your instructor for that level of support.
- Can writing tutors only help with English classes?
Our writing tutors will assist you with any written assignments (outlines, essays, speeches, Power Points, etc.) for any MCC course that you are registered in. Writing tutors will also assist registered students with resumes, cover letters, scholarship essays, and college application essays.
- Can math tutors only help with math classes?
Our math tutors will assist students registered in MCC math courses, including business math and medication math.
- How can I get help for the math placement test?
We offer math refresher workshops throughout the year. See math placement test for more information including study resources
- Are there resources for the English placement test?
- Do chemistry and physics tutors help with other topics?
They will help registered students in chemistry and physics with math-related questions for those courses.
- Can tutors help with quizzes and tests?
- Can I use the Sage Learning Center's computers and printers for my class assignments?
The computers and printer in the Sage Learning Center are reserved for students working with a Sage tutor.
Computers and printers are available for general use in
- E108e (color printing available)
- Co/Labs A218, B166, E108
- Library A212
- The Student Success Center A247
- Can I use the Sage Learning Center as a place to study?
The Sage Learning Center is for tutoring only. If you're looking for a place to study, there are many great places to choose from! The library or one of the numerous study areas throughout the College are great places to get studying done. In nice weather, enjoy one of the outdoor study areas on campus.