Tuition rates are based on residency. You must be a resident (residing in-district) of District 528 for at least 30 days immediately prior to the start date of the semester to be considered a District 528 resident for in-district tuition purposes. Questions regarding residency may be directed to the Registration Office, (815) 455-8588 or myMCC@mchenry.edu.
The legal boundaries of a community college district are formed from public high school districts. Residents of public high school districts 12, 19, 50, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, or Woodstock district 200 qualify as in-district residents of McHenry County College District 528.
In-district Public High Schools
- Alden Hebron
- Cary Grove
- Crystal Lake Central
- Crystal Lake South
- McHenry East
- McHenry West
- Prairie Ridge
- Richmond Burton
- Woodstock North
In-district Private High Schools
- Faith Lutheran
- Marian Central
In-district residency is based on the student’s home address.
In-district Municipal Boundaries
- Bull Valley
- Crystal Lake
- Oakwood Hills
- Prairie Grove
- Solon Mills
- Spring Grove
- Trout Valley
- Wonder Lake
In addition to the above, some addresses within the following municipalities may also be included in District 528:
Proof of Residency Requirements
Proof of Residency is required for:
- Current/former students changing from out-of-district and out-of-state to in-district.
- Students who have mail returned from their in-district address
The following is acceptable documentation which must include the student's name and current address:
- Illinois Drivers License
- Illinois State I.D.
- Apartment/house lease
- Utility Bill
- Garbage collection
- Phone (mobile or landline)
- Voter Registration Card
- Library card only from the following libraries: Alden, Cary, Crystal Lake, Fox River Grove, Harvard, Hebron, Johnsburg, Marengo, McHenry, Oakwood Hills, Richmond, River East Library, Ringwood, Solon Mills, Spring Grove, Union, Wonder Lake, and Woodstock
- An in-district high school transcript proving attendance at the high school the semester immediately prior to entering MCC
Currently enrolled College in the High School students who apply do not have to provide proof of residency.
Please note: students who move from outside the district and who obtain residence in the district for reasons other than attending MCC are exempt from the 30-day requirement if they demonstrate through documentation a verifiable interest in establishing permanent residency. This documentation must be approved by the Director of Registration and Records.
Submit your proof of residency documentation:
- Due to campus being closed for Covid-19 – you may email your proof of residency to email@example.com however, email is not secure so it is at your discretion to do so.
- By fax at (815) 455-3766 (include a phone number where we can reach you)
- By mail to McHenry County College, Registration, 8900 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60012 (include a phone number where we can reach you)
Residing In District Deadline Dates
You must be a resident (residing in-district) of District 528 for at least 30 days immediately prior to the start date of the semester to be considered a District 528 resident for tuition purposes.
Residing In District Deadline Dates Session Deadline Summer 2020 Semester April 18, 2020 Fall 2020 Semester July 17, 2020 Winter 2020-2021 Semester November 14, 2020 Spring 2021 Semester December 19, 2020
Definition: District Resident
You are considered a resident of the college district if you are:
- 18 years of age or older and reside in District 528 or
- less than 18 years of age and reside with parent or legal guardian in District 528 or
- an emancipated minor and reside in District 528
Definition: Resident of Illinois, Out of District
A person who resides in Illinois, but is not a resident of Community College District 528 as defined above, is considered an out-of-district resident.
Definition: Out-of-State Resident
A person who resides in another state is considered an out-of-state resident and will be assessed the appropriate tuition.
Out-of-district and out-of-state students who are employed within McHenry County College District 528 a minimum of 35 hours per week also qualify for the in-district tuition rate. Students must supply the Registration office with a letter on company letterhead stationery, signed and dated by the owner/manager, stating the student works 35 or more hours per week.