Physical Therapist Assistant Program Application and Admission Process
You must have an MCC student ID number to apply to the PTA Program. If you have never attended MCC as a credit student, apply now and pay the non-refundable $15 application fee.
Required application material due by the deadline:
- Completed online PTA application
- Essay completed in the Testing Center – see below for Testing Center information
- Only fully completed applications will be considered for admission to the PTA Program.
- PTA Program Application for Admission
Completely fill out the PTA Program Application for Admission. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Essay Questions
You must register online to schedule time to complete your application essay online in the Testing Center. Complete the essay prior to the April 15 application deadline.
Your essay should be 250-500 words addressing a current topic in physical therapy. Your topic will be given to you when you begin the essay.
Note: Your response to the essay questions, along with the written responses to each of the Documentation of Physical Therapy Clinical Experience Hours forms, will be evaluated on your content, grammar and spelling to determine a point total.
You will need an MCC student ID number and valid form of identification to be permitted to complete the essay. Plan on a minimum of one hour to complete this essay.
- General Education and Support Courses
We strongly recommend that you complete of all of the following general education and support courses prior to beginning the PTA program:
- AOM 135, Medical Terminology
- BIO 263, Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO 264, Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- ENG 151, Composition I
- HCE 111, Evidence Based Practice
- PSY 151, Introduction to Psychology
- SPE 151, Introduction to Speech
- One course from Humanities and Fine Arts AAS degree options
- If you took any general education or support courses at another institution, you must submit official transcripts from every college or university you attended to the Admissions Office with a request for it to be reviewed for the Physical Therapist Assistant program. We highly recommended that official transcripts and evaluation requests be submitted no later than one month prior to the application deadline. See transcript evaluation information »
- Your PTA program general education and support course cumulative G.P.A. must be 2.75 or greater.
- We require a grade of "C" or higher for all PTA program general education and support courses.
- You must have completed Anatomy and Physiology I and II within five years of application deadline date.
- If you haven't completed ENG 151 or the equivalent, you must provide an English Placement Test score that meets prerequisite to take ENG 151.
- Advanced Placement or Transferring - Requests for advanced placement or transferring Physical Therapist Assistant course(s) from another PTA program are not being considered at this time.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at McHenry County College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) (1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com). If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (815) 479-7592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org