Physical Therapist Assistant Program Application and Admission Process
PTA Program Applications due April 15
Submit this PTA application and your application essay by April 15.
Only fully completed applications will be considered for admission to the PTA program.
You must have an MCC student ID number to apply to the PTA program. If you have never attended MCC as a credit student, apply now and pay the non-refundable $15 application fee.
- PTA Application Essay Scheduling and Details
- Choose a Group: Placement Exams
- Choose a Group: On-Campus Placement Exams
- Choose an Exam: On Campus PTA Application Essay
Complete the essay prior to the April 15 application deadline.
Your essay should be 250-500 words addressing a current topic in physical therapy. Your topic will be given to you when you begin the essay.
Note: Your response to the essay questions, along with the written responses to each of the optional Documentation of Physical Therapy Clinical Experience Hours forms, will be evaluated on your content, grammar and spelling to determine a point total.
You will need an MCC student ID number and valid form of identification to be permitted to complete the essay. Plan on a minimum of one hour to complete this essay.
- General Education and Support Course Recommendations
We strongly recommend that you complete of all of the following general education and support courses prior to beginning the PTA program:
- AOM 135, Medical Terminology
- BIO 230, Human Structure and Function
- ENG 151, Composition I
- HCE 111, Evidence Based Practice
- PSY 151, Introduction to Psychology
- SPE 151, Introduction to Speech
- If you took any general education or support courses at another institution, you must submit official transcripts from every college or university you attended to the Admissions Office with a request for it to be reviewed for the Physical Therapist Assistant program. We highly recommended that official transcripts and evaluation requests be submitted no later than one month prior to the application deadline. See transcript evaluation information »
- Your PTA program general education and support course cumulative G.P.A. must be 2.75 or greater.
- We require a grade of "C" or higher for all PTA program general education and support courses.
- You must have completed BIO 230 or an equivalent Anatomy and Physiology course within five years of application deadline date.
- If you haven't completed ENG 151 or the equivalent, you must provide an English Placement Test score that meets prerequisite to take ENG 151.
- Advanced Placement or Transferring - Requests for advanced placement or transferring Physical Therapist Assistant course(s) from another PTA program are not being considered at this time.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at McHenry County College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) (3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, VA, 22305-3085; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org). If needing to contact the program/institution directly, call (815) 479-7592 or email email@example.com