Your E-Portfolio Project
If you're seeking an AA, AS, AFA, AES, or AGE, you're required to complete an E-Portfolio. The purpose of the E-Portfolio is to ensure that students complete graded work in all of the General Education goals. In addition, the E-Portfolio allows the college to assess student achievements in these areas and develop transformations in course design, teaching methods, textbooks, and scheduling to improve the college's offerings.
Need help? We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions about the E-Portfolio requirement. Visit the Student Success Center for in-person help from the First Year Mentors. Bring a flash drive with MCC coursework to be included in your portfolio.
We offer assistance in the form of open labs for you to walk in with questions and stay for a few minutes or hour-long workshops for a more in-depth explanation of what the E-portfolio is.
Attend an E-portfolio Workshop
- April 24 from 4 to 5 p.m. in E106
- April 25 from 1 to 2 p.m. in A100
- April 29 from 5 to 6 p.m. in A104
- April 30 from 1 to 2 p.m. in A100
- May 7 from 4 to 5 p.m. in E106
- May 9 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. in A100
- May 10 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. in A100
Bring your course work with you on a flash drive.
Drop in to an E-portfolio Open Lab
- Monday, April 15 from 10 a.m.–Noon A115
- Monday, April 22 from 3–5 p.m. A115
- Thursday, April 25 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. A115
- Tuesday, April 30 from 9:30–11:30 a.m. A115
- Wednesday, May from 1 2–4 p.m. A115
- Monday, May 6 from 1–3 p.m. A115
- Tuesday, May 7 from 2:30–4:30 p.m. A115
- Wednesday, May 8 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. A115
- May 13–17 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Student Success Center A247
These tutorial videos are available to help guide you through the E-Portfolio process.
- Why do I have to make an E-Portfolio?
- What goes in the E-Portfolio?
- How do I create and E-Portfolio and upload artifacts?
- What do I upload to show critical thinking?
- What do I upload to show effective communication?
- What do I upload to show information literacy?
- What do I upload to show professionalism?
- How do I submit the E-portfolio when I'm done with it?
General Education Goals
- Critical Thinking:
- Students who graduate from MCC are critical thinkers. They are able to do the following things at a level appropriate for a 2-year degree holder.
- Combine stated truths and facts to make arguments and develop new ideas
- Interpret data and draw conclusions
- Construct arguments supported with more than opinion
- Recognize bias and act in ways that questions assumptions
- Effective Communication:
- Students who graduate from MCC are effective communicators. They are able to do the following things at a level appropriate for a 2-year degree holder.
- Select from a variety of communication style based on the situation
- Listen attentively
- Adapt to audience and context in professional and/or personal interactions
- Information Literacy:
- Students who graduate from MCC are information literate. They are able to do the following things at a level appropriate for a 2-year degree holder.
- Access multiple sources to provide sound evidence
- Ensure information is of quality and use the information to accomplish an academic goal
- Acknowledge where information is coming from and whom it belongs to
- Students who graduate from MCC are professional. They are able to do the following things at a level appropriate for a 2-year degree holder.
- Speak and act honestly
- Engage in courteous and culturally sensitive interactions
- Present themselves and actions appropriately in professional environments (this includes in written form such as emails, in person through timely and respectful interactions, and adherence to professional codes and standards).
- Follow through on commitments.
Start building your e-portfolio in Canvas now!