Commencement is when we celebrate your hard work and dedication. We're proud to recognize your achievements with you and your families. The Winter 2022 Commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, December 10, 2022, at 10 a.m.
Note: To participate in the Winter Commencement ceremony, you must have completed the Graduation Application on myMCC, Self-Service, mark “yes” you will attend the ceremony, and purchase your cap and gown using the link in the application, by August 1.
Getting Ready for the Big Day
Cap, Gown, and Tickets
Your pre-ordered cap and gown (regalia) will be delivered to MCC. You may pick up your cap, gown, and guest tickets in the Graduation Hub (Co/Lab B166), during Graduation Week, Monday-Friday, December 5 -9, during regular business hours.
- Last day for cap, gown, and ticket pickup is Friday, December 9 by noon
- Photo identification is required
- Unclaimed guest tickets may be given to other graduates
Graduation Regalia: Caps and gowns are mandatory for the ceremony. Hang your gown before the ceremony to reduce wrinkles.
Guest Tickets: You may pick up two (2) tickets for guest seating in the Gym when you pick up your cap and gown (tickets will not be mailed). No extra tickets will be available.
An optional rehearsal will be held on Friday, December 9 at noon in the Gym, where we walk through the commencement ceremony and are available for questions. (You do not need to wear your cap and gown).
The Day of the Ceremony
- Graduate Check-in begins at 9 a.m. in the Building B Co-Lab across from the MCC Café. Pick up your name card, along with Honor, Veteran, and Volunteer cords (if applicable).
- Guest Seating: Begins at 9 a.m. in the Gym. Tickets are required for guest seating in the Gym during the ceremony. Additional guest seating will be available in the Luecht Auditorium (no ticket required).
- Ceremony: Begins promptly at 10 a.m. The ceremony will last approximately one hour. Graduates and guests are expected to remain through the conclusion as a courtesy to other graduates and guests.
Special Needs: If you or a guest, require special assistance (i.e. wheelchair access), please contact us at (815) 479-7547. MCC cannot provide wheelchairs but we do offer seating accommodations.
Professional Photography and Videography: Professional photos will be taken of each graduate before and during the ceremony. Empire Photography will email color proofs to your MCC-issued email address, for purchase, within two weeks after graduation.
Your Diploma: When you cross the stage, you will receive a diploma cover. Be sure to keep it. Your official degree or certificate will be mailed to you 6 to 8 weeks from the end of the semester if all graduation requirements have been met.
If you have any questions or need further information, please call the Office of Student Affairs at (815) 479-7547.
Our graduation partner, Jostens, will mail your official degree or certificate to you six to eight weeks from the end of the semester if all graduation requirements have been met.