Commencement is when we celebrate your hard work and dedication. We're proud to recognize your achievements with you and your families. Graduates are invited to attend the Spring Commencement on Saturday, May 11, 2024, at 10 a.m. in the gym.
Note: To participate in the Spring Commencement ceremony, you must complete the Graduation Application in myMCC > Self-Service by April 1.
Getting Ready for the Big Day
Cap, Gown, and Tickets
Your pre-ordered cap and gown will be delivered to MCC and ready for pick-up in the Graduation Hub (Co/Lab B166), May 6–9 until 5:30 p.m., and May 10 until 4 p.m.
- The last day for cap, gown, and ticket pickup is Friday, May 10
- Photo identification is required
- Unclaimed guest tickets may be given to other graduates
Graduation Regalia: Caps and gowns are mandatory for the ceremony. If you did not pre-order your cap, gown, and tassel, you may purchase them in the MCC Store. Hang your gown before the ceremony to reduce wrinkles.
Guest Tickets: You may pick up three tickets for guest seating in the Gym when you pick up your cap and gown (tickets will not be mailed). Overflow seating is available in the Luecht Auditorium (no ticket required).
An optional rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 10 at noon in the gym, A107, where we walk through the commencement ceremony and are available for questions. (You do not need to wear your cap and gown).
Stay for pizza!
The Day of the Ceremony
- Graduates check in at 9 a.m. in the Building B Co-Lab across from the MCC Café. Pick up your name card, along with Honor, Veteran, and Volunteer cords (if applicable).
- Guest Seating: Tickets are required for guest seating in the Gym during the ceremony. Additional guest seating will be available in the Luecht Auditorium (no ticket required).
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 10 a.m. The ceremony will last approximately one hour. Graduates and guests are expected to remain through the conclusion as a courtesy to other graduates and guests.
Special Needs: If you or a guest, require special assistance (i.e. wheelchair access), contact us at email@example.com. MCC cannot provide wheelchairs but we do offer seating accommodations.
Professional Photography and Videography: Professional photos will be taken of each graduate before and during the ceremony. Empire Photography will email color proofs to your MCC-issued email address, for purchase, within two weeks after graduation.
Your Diploma: Your official degree or certificate will be mailed to you six to eight weeks from the end of the semester if all graduation requirements have been met.
Our graduation partner, Jostens, will mail your official degree or certificate to you six to eight weeks from the end of the semester if all graduation requirements have been met.