The Financial Aid Office assists with:
- Financial Aid Application
- Pell grants and federal loans
- Veteran education benefits
- Scholarship eligibility
- Work-study jobs for students
See us when you:
- Need help with the Financial Aid application
- Have Financial Aid questions
- Are unsure how to look up financial information in self-service
Applying for financial aid for college starts with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the application that determines your eligibility for federal and state student grants, work-study, and loan programs.
FAFSA Verification Process
Verification is a process used to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA is accurate. The U.S. Department of Education selects about 30% of students for verification. If selected, you will be asked to provide documentation to support the information reported on the FAFSA.
MCC uses ProVerifier+, an automated verification software solution enabling you to complete verification from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
If you're selected for verification, you will be notified by email at the email address on file at MCC. Log into ProVerifier and see what documents are required. You will be required to submit documentation to be reviewed and processed before you can be awarded financial aid.
If your file has been fully processed by July 1, 2021, and you're registered for Fall 2021 classes, you'll be entered into a drawing for one of ten $100 gift cards to the MCC Store.
- Verification Steps (effective 2021/22)
- Activate your ProEd Account using the email notification sent to your email address on file at MCC. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- In ProVerifier+, review the dashboard to see the items that need to be completed.
- Carefully complete and submit each outstanding item. Most items can be completed online and signed electronically.
- You will be able to request your IRS Tax Transcript (if applicable) inside the ProVerifier+ system.
- Upload any documents, if necessary.
- Upon receipt of all required documents, the automated verification process will begin.
- You will be notified via email or text if there are any questions, you have missing or incomplete items, or additional documentation is required.
Essential information needed to complete your FAFSA
- Student and parent FSA ID at Studentaid.gov (write them down)
- Student and parent Social Security Number (use zeros if a parent does not have a Social Security Number)
- Student and parent bank account estimated dollar amount (if any)
- 2020 Tax return for the 2022–2023 school year
- 2021 Tax return for the 2023–2024 school year
- Parent wedding date or parent divorce date