Chi Upsilon Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, International Honor Society at McHenry County College
- Chapter Scholarships
- Scholarships for four-year colleges and universities
- Graduate Phi Theta Kappa at McHenry County College plus wear honor stole and Phi Theta Kappa announcement
- Certificate and gold pin
- Leadership opportunities
- Fellowship among members
- Travel to state or international conventions
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume reference
Congratulations to MCC's PTK chapter for winning the Outstanding Chapter Award at the Illinois Regional Convention 2015. The award was presented by Susan LaMore (front left) Illinois Regional Coordinator, and Lori Garrett (rear), member of the Illinois Regional Advisory Council. Also pictured, from left to right, are chapter executive board members Adrian Nuno, Olivia Jensen, and Kayla Knaak, and chapter advisor Heidi Boring.
are awarded in the spring and are given students who are members in good standing and have been highly active in our chapter of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Chi Upsilon Chapter scholarships
- Continuing Scholarship - for students who will continue at MCC the next year
- Graduate/Transfer Scholarship - for students who will go on to a four-year institution
- Shannon McCarty Memorial scholarship - given to one graduating or transferring student who demonstrates outstanding dedication to volunteerism in the community.
- The Chi Upsilon Chapter has created this scholarship in honor of Shannon and the life she lived. This scholarship will be awarded to a person who displays a similar spirit to Shannon in the way she served her Chapter, the College Community, and the Illinois Region.
To be eligible to receive an invitation for membership in to Phi Theta Kappa's Chi Upsilon Chapter at McHenry County College:
- Be enrolled in an Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Transfer program
- Have accumulated 12 hours of college credit
- Have established a minimum 3.5 grade point average
- Be currently enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours
How do I Become a Member?
Contact the advisors for an application and if you have any questions. There is a one-time fee of $80 to join.
Don't meet qualifications yet? You may still be able to participate. One semester of provisional membership is available for incoming Freshman with a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher or a minimum score of 24 on the ACT. Provisional members do not pay any fees nor are they required to earn service points. They are encouraged to participate in all Chapter activities, however they are
not official members of the society.
Participate in Service Activities
Books for Africa Packing Party. The funds raised from the Books for Africa book drive are used for chapter scholarships.
- Help with the blood drive
- Adopt a highway
- Work at the annual book sale to raise money for the Phi Theta Kappa scholarships