Saturday, January 28, 2017
8 to 8:30 a.m.
Registration, Refreshments and Networking (Café)
8:30 to 9 a.m.
Welcome, Dr. Gabbard, MCC President; Bev Thomas, Coordinator People In Need Forum; Camille Paddock, Dare to Be Different (Luecht Conference Center)
9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions I
- The Faces of Homelessness – Zak Klehr (moderator), McHenry County Department of Planning and Development and Panel of Those Who Have
Been There (Luchet Conference Center)
- 10 Signs of Alzheimer's Everyone Should Know – Susan Sklar, Azheimer's Association; Maria Morrill, Family Alliance (C105)
- Sex Trafficking in the Chicagoland Area – Karen Schultz, Refuge for Women Chicago (C106)
- Resources for Young Adults – Cjay Harmer, Pioneer Center for Human Services; Brenda Napholz, The Break Teen Center; Christine Nejdl, Mchenry County Workforce Network (A117)
- Therapy Animals – Jodie Diegel, Mane in Heaven; Janet Domrase, Alden's Kennels (B166/167)
- Too Much Month at the End of Your Money? – Ed Beckstrom, CCCS of Northern Illinois (A119)
- Current Drug Trends in McHenry County – Laurie Crain, Drug Free Communitities Prorgram Grant (C104)
10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
Expo, Networking and Refreshments (Café)
11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions II
- The New Digital Generation – Matt Batt, The Parent Feed and Project B3 (C105)
- The Road to Adulthood: We Need a Better Map – Jeanne Coulson, Association for Individual Development (AID); Melissa Hamilton, Rosecrance; Susan Keller, Pioneer Center for Human Services; Jane Montgomery, SEDOM; Anneliese Thurston, Thresholds (A117)
- Special Needs Financial Planning – Annette Hammortree, Hammortree Financial Group, LLC (A119)
- Suicide Prevention - Question, Persuade, & Refer – Deb Smith, Rosecrance; Heidi DiDominico, 22nd Judicial Circuit Office of Special Projects (B166/167)
- Homelessness is a Community Concern – Hans Mach, McHenry County Department of Planning and Development; Erin Brumfield-Grima, Pioneer Center for Human Services; Melissa O'Donnell, Thresholds; Sue Rose, McHenry County Housing Authority; Dr. Brian Sager, City of Woodstock (Luecht Conference Center)
- VA Benefits and Services – James Harkins, Evanston Veterans Center (C118)
- Heroin in McHenry County – Chris Gleason, Rosecrance; Jason Sterwerf, 22nd Judicial Circuit Courts; Officer Adam Carson, Lake in the Hills Police Department (C104)
- Rape Culture in Modern America – Kate Midday, McHenry County College (C106)
Highlights from our 2016 People in Need Forum Event
Photos courtesy of Mike Kallaus
- Wendy Yemm, Coordinator
The forum connects individuals in need, who may not know where to go or how to get assistance, to community resources and important information. The day is full of informative sessions and knowledgeable people willing to share about their organizations and the services they provide.
MCC Conferences and Facility Rental