Campus Art Gallery Information
MCC Student Art Exhibit
April 30 to June 6, 2014
Reception and awards presentation:
Wednesday, April 30 from 6:15 p.m., MCC Library
ELIGIBILITY: Submission of work is open to any MCC student enrolled in CREDIT ART COURSES during the Spring term. Work completed during the Fall term may be submitted as long as the student is enrolled in the Spring term. Entries must be related to course projects completed at MCC and/or as part of an Independent Study, overseen by MCC instructors. Works previously submitted to MCC Student Art Exhibits are not eligible. Prospectus – view more information and requirements on submitting your art work. ⇒
ENTRIES: Students may enter 1-2 pieces. A separate ENTRY CARD is required for each piece.
Fill out and download forms
Complete Entry Card before submitting artwork
Deliver entries to Room A-144
ENTRIES accepted on:
- Monday, April 7,10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 8, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 9, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 1, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Questions? Contact Sandra Lang, Gallery Curator, at (815) 455-8785 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Skyway Juried Art Competition Hosted by MCC
McHenry County College was pleased to host the 2014 Skyway Juried Art Competition. The work of the students in the Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference will be displayed in the MCC Galleries – Gallery One and Gallery Two, Building A, Room A-212 (MCC Library) from March 8 through April 8, 2014.
BEST OF SHOW
- Molly Tait, Untitled, McHenry County College
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
- Giovanni Gonzalez, Geo, College of Lake County
- Charlie Knifong, You, Elgin Community College
- Shelby Page, Untitled, McHenry County College
- Andrew Zirk, On Yahweh Blues, (Chorus I, Chorus II), Elgin Community College
AWARDS OF MERIT
- Faryal Choudry, Gluttony, Morton College
- Susan Hacker, Sleeping Beauty, College of Lake County
- Tania Romero, Mexico, Morton College
- Judith Sweetwood, Untitled II, College of Lake County
MCC Students selected for the 2014 Skyway Art Exhibit
- Natalie Jedynak, Warrior, Archival Pigment Print
- Dallas LaCassa, Goldbaum, Stoneware, gold leaf
- Shelby Page, Untitled, Ceramics (Porcelain)
- Mariela Ryan, Sisters, Archival Pigment Print
- Joanna Sit, Jomana, Oil on canvas
- Molly Tait, Untitled, Stoneware
- Dennis Taylor, It’s None of Your Bismuth, Oil on canvas
Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference Colleges: College of Lake County, Elgin Community College, McHenry County College, Moraine Valley Community College, Morton College, Oakton Community College, Prairie State College, Waubonsee Community College.
MCC Gallery Details
McHenry County College has four galleries on campus with an average of thirty exhibitions per year:
Gallery exhibitions include works from emerging and established artists from local, regional and national locales. The galleries feature diverse solo and group exhibitions with the intent of exposing students and the community to the wide range of media, styles, and content utilized in contemporary art practice.
Visiting artists often present lectures and workshops in conjunction with exhibitions. The galleries are also used for exhibits of student work and specific course-related installations and projects. Please check the gallery exhibit schedule for updates. All galleries are free and open to the public.
In addition to rotating gallery exhibitions, there are numerous selections of permanent and loaned works displayed on campus.
- The Permanent Art Collection is displayed throughout the main campus and off-site locations.
- The Portrait in Print Collection is on permanent exhibition in the MCC library.
- Large-scale sculpture is located in several sites on the MCC campus.