Student government members can:
- Represent student opinion to the college administration and faculty
- Share in the governance of the College
- Organize campus and community projects
- Have the opportunity for local, regional, or national travel for conferences
- Earn scholarships for your academics and involvement as a Student Government member
How can I join the student government?
You can join the student government by completing an application form in A247.
What positions make up the student government?
The student government includes a president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, student senators and standing committees each with their own responsibilities, but share common student goals.
The Student Government of MCC is a recognized platform for student governance and leadership development. The student organization is directed by an Executive Board and a Senate. The Student Government is charged with working with the Student Trustee in promoting student welfare, protecting student rights, and representing the opinions of the students of MCC wherever possible.