Social Media Marketing Certificate
It's easy to be entertaining on Instagram or Twitter but, can you effectively communicate or influence consumer behavior via social media? How do you analyze and measure the success of your efforts? Social media platforms change but the principles of social media strategy stay the same. As you earn your Social Media Marketing Certificate, you'll examine strategic uses of social media as part of a company's marketing approach and become versed in various social media tools, campaign development and social media marketing analytics. The Social Media Marketing Certificate prepares you for an entry-level position that requires marketing skills or a four-year degree in Marketing, Social Media Marketing and/or Business Management.
There are no pre-requisite courses for the Social Media Marketing Certificate introductory courses so, whether you're in high school, adult education, or workforce training, you can easily begin working toward your Social Media Marketing Certificate!
Total Cost of Social Media Marketing Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $1,543.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 12
Weeks to Complete: 16
What makes MCC's Social Media Marketing Certificate program better than, or distinct from, similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has worked closely with local marketers and other business owners in the district to develop curriculum to address the type of skill sets that they need developed in order to fill vacant positions in McHenry County.
- MCC partners with district 528 high schools to provide dual credit courses and a career pathway to the Social Media Marketing Certificate at MCC.
- Students who earn their Social Media Marketing Certificate can continue on to complete their Associate in Applied Science in Marketing or Associate in Applied Science in Business Management.
In addition to the Social Media Marketing Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Social Media Marketing Certificate (CIP 52.1401 )
|Additional Social Media Marketing Certificate Costs||$223.00||$223.00||$223.00||$223.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Social Media Marketing Certificate?
The Chicagoland metropolitan area supports, and is expected to continue to support, the need for a significant number of people in social media marketing-related careers. Regional employers in small businesses, corporations, government, healthcare, higher education and other fields that employ people with social media marketing skills continue to express their interest in hiring employees with these marketing skills.
- Social Media Community Moderator
- Social Media Specialist
- Social Media Coordinator
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||11-2011.00|
|Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists||13-1161.00|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||25-1011.00|
How will MCC's Social Media Marketing Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Your instructors, industry experts in business, marketing and management, will discuss obtaining positions in marketing as part of the curriculum.
- You'll benefit from hands-on experience developing, implementing, supervising and evaluating a social media marketing campaign for a real world event/program/business.
By the Numbers:
- Nationally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment for marketing manager occupations to grow by 10% by 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor)
- Potential salaries for marketing-related positions range from $28,000 to $73,000 depending on the type of position.