Small Business Marketing Certificate
Strategic partnerships, search engine optimization, social networking, e-mail marketing, lead generation, niche marketing - where does a small business begin? Learn about techniques for promoting small businesses, writing a business plan, market analysis, effective business financial planning, and more in the Small Business Marketing Certificate program. The Small Business Marketing Certificate prepares you for an entry-level career in marketing for small businesses or a four-year degree in Marketing, Small Business Marketing and/or Business Management.
There are no pre-requisite courses for the Small Business Marketing Certificate introductory courses so, whether you're in high school, adult education, or workforce training, you can easily begin working toward your Small Business Marketing Certificate!
Total Cost of Small Business Marketing Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $2,167.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 16
Weeks to Complete: 32
What makes MCC's Small Business Marketing Certificate program better than, or distinct from, similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has worked closely with local marketers and other business owners in the district to develop curriculum to address the type of skill sets that they need developed in order to fill vacant positions in McHenry County.
- MCC partners with district 528 high schools to provide dual credit courses and a career pathway to the Small Business Marketing Certificate at MCC.
- Students who earn their Small Business Marketing Certificate can continue on to complete their Associate in Applied Science in Marketing or Associate in Applied Science in Business Management.
In addition to the Small Business Marketing Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Small Business Marketing Certificate (CIP 52.1401 )
|Additional Small Business Marketing Certificate Costs||$407.00||$407.00||$407.00||$407.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Small Business Marketing Certificate?
The Chicagoland metropolitan area supports, and is expected to continue to support, the need for a significant number of people with Small Business Marketing skills.
- Marketing Assistant
- Social Media Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing and Advertising Sales Representative
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||11-2011.00|
|Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists||13-1161.00|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||25-1011.00|
How will MCC's Small Business Marketing Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- You'll benefit from hands-on experience running a marketing campaigns for small business establishments, as well as managing and measuring outcomes. You'll also develop a business plan that includes a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Your instructors, industry experts in business, marketing and management, will discuss obtaining positions in marketing as part of the curriculum.
By the Numbers:
- Nationally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment for marketing manager occupations to grow by 10% by 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor)
- Potential salaries for marketing-related positions range from $28,000 to $73,000 depending on the type of position.