Become a Part-Time Student at MCC
If you've previously applied to MCC and paid the $15 fee, you do not need to re-apply. Please call Admissions at (815) 455-8530 to verify your status if you have questions.
If you've previously taken credit courses at MCC, please contact Advising for assistance (815) 479-7565.
If you've never attended MCC before…
- Apply for admission and pay the non-refundable $15 admissions application fee online
- Contact a recruiter at (815) 479-7732 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about classes or assistance with the application process
- If the course(s) you wish to register for require(s) prerequisites, send official transcripts (high school or college) to the MCC Advising and Transfer Center. You must prove you meet the course prerequisite(s) before you can register
- Take placement tests if necessary
- Register for classes
You may register online, or in person in Registration (A258)
- You'll need your myMCC username and password to register online. See step-by-step instructions and watch helpful videos about registering for credit classes through Student Planning.
- You may need to register in person if your course has prerequisites
- You are highly encouraged to attend new-student orientation. Students taking 10 or more credits are required to complete new-student orientation.
- Pay your tuition and fees online or in person in Registration
- Buy books
See information on next steps on your path to being a part-time student.
If you have questions, meet with advising. Appointments are recommended but walk-ins are welcome.