Online Proctored Exams and Assignments for Distance and Online Credit Learning Students
Federal regulations and programmatic accreditation agencies require testing in proctored setting, either in the Testing Center or via online proctoring for distance learning courses. To make testing convenient for students taking online courses and self-paced online courses, MCC has made arrangements with ProctorU to facilitate MCC online proctoring.
ProctorU is an online proctoring service that allows online students to take assignments/exams while being observed by a trained proctor. This ensures the integrity of the exam and allows faculty to ensure that students enrolled in their courses are the ones taking the test.
To take an online proctored test via ProctorU:
- Have a computer with a high-speed Internet connection, a webcam, headphones or speakers connected to the the computer and a microphone
- Sign up for an account with MCC proctoring service, at MCC ProctorU portal if you've never created an account before
- Go to MCC ProctorU portal to register for an account
- Select the "Sign up" link in the purple navigation
- Select "test taker"
- Fill in required field and submit
- If you've already created your account, select "Log in" in the purple navigation of MCC ProctorU portal
- Purchase ProctorU access cards online using a credit card or in person in the MCC bookstore - costs vary according to the length of your test
- Thirty minutes $ 8.75 per card
- One hour $15 per card
- Two hours $19.75 per card
- Three hours $25 per card
- Schedule your assignment/exam using ProctorU
- Test your computer equipment with the ProctorU system at www.proctoru.com/testitout