Hospitality Marketing Specialist
Total Cost of Hospitality Marketing Specialist
(in-district) Total Amount: $5,332.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 36
Weeks to Complete: 48
What makes MCC's Hospitality Marketing Specialist program better than, or distinct from, similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has worked closely with restaurant owners, managers, and hospitality-related businesses in the district to develop curriculum to address the type of skill sets that they need developed in order to fill vacant positions. These advisory board members have consistently advised of the need for advanced alcohol service training and hospitality management training.
- Many of the classes required for this certificate are stackable into our culinary or pastry AAS degrees.
- The college has partnered with Woodstock North High School and Crystal Lake South High School to offer dual credit opportunities where appropriate.
- The certificate program includes experience in the back of the house and front of the house for both baking and culinary disciplines. MCC is one of the few culinary programs to have both a student-run bakery and a restaurant.
- Our culinary certificates lead to transfer opportunities in hospitality management programs that offer bachelor’s degrees.
- MCC has articulation agreements for hospitality programs with Southern Illinois University and guaranteed admission agreements with Northern Illinois University, and Roosevelt University.
In addition to the Hospitality Marketing Specialist, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Hospitality Marketing Specialist (CIP 52.0905 )
|Additional Hospitality Marketing Specialist Costs||$1,318.00||$1,318.00||$1,318.00||$1,318.00|
About this Career
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Hospitality Marketing Specialist?
The Chicagoland metropolitan area supports, and is expected to continue to support, the need for a significant number of people in hospitality-related careers.
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Food Service Managers||11-9051.00|
How will MCC's Hospitality Marketing Specialist program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Courses are taught by industry experts in the hospitality industry as well as experts in the marketing field. You'll develop a hospitality resume, hospitality portfolio and Linkedin profile in CLM 100 (Introduction to Hospitality).
- You'll be encouraged to take advantage of the Career Services department and the resources available for career information, resume building and job search activities.
Outside the Classroom
You'll have the opportunity to work in Sweet Scots and Tartan Bistro to better understand both back of the house and front of the house skills needed to run a profitable restaurant.