Prepare for work in the graphics field in either print or web media at MCC. Your graphic arts classes will cover not only the basics needed for a strong foundation, but as you progress, you'll be able to complete projects tailored to your unique skills and interests, collaborate with other students and faculty, and work on a professional portfolio to help with your job search. The Graphic Arts AAS program is designed so you can complete your Fundamentals of Design, Web Design and/or a Graphic Design certificate as you work toward your degree.
Total Cost of Graphic Arts AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $9,726.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 60
Weeks to Complete: 64
What makes MCC's Graphic Arts AAS program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
Equipment and facilities at MCC include Mac and PC classrooms using the latest Adobe software.
In addition to the Graphic Arts AAS, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Graphic Arts AAS (CIP 50.0409 )
|Additional Graphic Arts AAS Costs||$3,126.00||$3,126.00||$3,126.00||$3,126.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Graphic Arts AAS?
Students who earn a degree in graphics work as:
- Designers for printed publications for brochures, posters, packaging, and advertising design
- Graphic designers who create trademarks, signage, and business communications
- Web designers who create multimedia applications, web sites, and digital media
- Computer Graphics Teachers
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary||25-1121|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||27-1019|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||27-1014|
How will MCC's Graphic Arts AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
You'll learn using current, industry standard software (Adobe Creative Cloud™) and train to the current standards in the field (as defined by the W3C).
By the Numbers:
- Salary Range
- Graphic Artist/Designer $26,200 to $77,400
- Commercial and Industrial Designer $34,000 to $93,000
- Art Director $64,920
- Educational Services $22,000 to $124,000
- Multimedia Artists and Animators $34,800 to $109,400
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook for the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 10% increase in employment opportunities for workers with credentials in this field over the next five years.
What have graduates gone on to do?
Students have gone on to take positions at local businesses, or transfer to four-year institutions both locally and in other states/countries. Many of our graphics students transfer to:
- University of Illinois - Chicago
- Columbia College - Chicago
- Northern Illinois University
- Art Institute of Chicago
Outside of the Classroom
Congratulations to two MCC students who won top awards in the 2015 Media Design Contest for anti-smoking sponsored by the McHenry County Department of Health. Pictured are Caitlynn Larive with her first place design and her graphic design instructor, Thomm Beggs. Not pictured is Mitch Stromner, who won second place in the design contest.
Ask about internship opportunities.
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 479-7521
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you »