The Fire Officer I Certificate program prepares you with the knowledge required for managing, instructing, developing tactical strategies and basic fire principles.
Total Cost of Fire Officer I Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $3,513.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 21
Weeks to Complete: 64
In addition to the Fire Officer I Certificate, we offer:
- Fire Science AAS
- Firefighter Basic Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic AAS
- Emergency Medical Technician - Ambulance Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Certificate
What you need to know about getting your Fire Officer I Certificate (CIP 43.0202 )
|Additional Fire Officer I Certificate Costs||$1,266.00||$1,266.00||$1,266.00||$1,266.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Fire Officer I Certificate?
- Entry level fire service positions
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Fire Inspectors and Investigators||33-2021|
|Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists||33-2022|
How will MCC's Fire Officer I Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
By the Numbers:
- Salary Ranges
- Firefighter $31,180 to $58,440
- Firefighter/EMT $32,180 to $59,440
- Firefighter/Paramedic $33,180 to $60,440
- Job Outlook: Employment of firefighters is expected to grow by 19% between 2008 and 2018. This is faster than the average for most occupations. Most job growth will stem from retirements and volunteer firefighter positions being converted to paid positions.