Veteran Education Benefits

The Department of Veterans Affairs and Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) administer a variety of veteran benefit programs for education. Many veterans and active duty personnel may qualify for more than one educational benefits program:

If you would like to use your VA benefits, you must let the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran Benefits know that you have registered for classes by submitting your Request for Benefits and Certification Form.

View current rates for:

If you are transferring to MCC from another college and have your Letter of Eligibility, you will need to complete the Change of Program or Place of Training Form.

All Chapters must fill out an application available online at To ensure correct processing please provide a copy of your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran Benefits. MCC does not determine benefit eligibility or payment details; we simply certify your enrollment to the VA. All processing questions should be directed to the VA for resolution.

Please visit for other types of Federal assistance.

The State of Illinois also administers education benefit programs for veterans:

Once your application has been processed by the State, you will receive an eligibility letter. Please forward this to the Office of Financial Aid and Veteran Benefits (A262).

Note: Changes in federal, state, and/or institutional policies could affect the above stated financial information.

National Testing Program

Advancing your education often requires you to take costly national tests. Students can be reimbursed all required (mandatory) fees charged for national admission tests and national tests for college credit.