The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details ».
Horatio Alger Scholarship
As one of the nation's largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. While many programs are directed primarily to recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, the Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
WTS Junior College Scholarship
WTS fosters the development of women in the transportation field by encouraging bright new professionals to undertake careers in the area of transportation. One way it does this is by awarding community, technical, or trade college scholarships to women pursuing transportation related study at community and trade colleges.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is pleased to announce the Julia Stasch-IIE Scholarship for Refugees. Administered as part of IIE's Student Emergency Initiatives, this scholarship opportunity will support students who came to the United States as refugees or have been granted asylum to complete their studies at a Community College in the Greater Chicago Area. Apply on line now!
Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers Education Foundation Scholarship
The IAAP Education Foundation Scholarship program strengthens the Illinois aggregates industry by promoting the education of worthy students seeking a career in the aggregates industry. Furthermore, this scholarship enhances the relationship between the IAAP and institutions of higher learning that are educating and training the next generation of aggregate industry professionals.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- Disability Scholarships A-to-Z
An online directory of scholarships for students with disabilities. To find a scholarship, select one of the disabilities listed in the left column or type the disability into the search field. Go to: http://www.dsaz.org/ to get started!
- Best Colleges.com
Find in-depth guides for studying smarter so that you can get the most out of your college education. Regardless of where you choose to enroll, it’s wise to plan how you will cover the cost. Explore your options for financing your education. Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/
- Looking to the future? Go to http://www.discoverbusiness.us/education/online-mba/ for great information & tips about MBA programs.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!
- Interested in Culinary? Check out this website for all kinds of great tips and information: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/financial-aid-scholarships/
- Need Scholarship information for Firescience? Check out this website for tips & information for firescience: http://www.firescience.org/fire-and-forestry-scholarships/