Friends of MCC Foundation Scholarships
The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details.
Founding Faculty Scholarship
The McHenry County College Founding Faculty Scholarship is awarded in recognition of the contributions, over thirty years, of retired founding faculty of McHenry County College.
Three scholarships worth 60 tuition credit hours each at McHenry County College will be awarded in recognition of retired faculty members David B. Hill, John D. Konitzer, and Erwin Cornelius.
Recipients of the Founding Faculty Scholarship will receive 60 (in district) credit hours of tuition at McHenry County College. Recipients must pay for their fees and books.
Recipients are required to enroll in at least twelve (12) credit hours per semester (fall and spring) at MCC, earned a minimum of a 2.50 high school or MCC GPA, as well as complete other requirements as listed on this application.
MCC Presidential Talent Scholarship
The Presidential Talent Scholarship, MCC's most prestigious scholarship, is awarded each year to qualified individuals based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Recipients of the Presidential Talent Scholarship will receive 60 (in district) credit hours of tuition, fees, and books at McHenry County College. Recipients are required to enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester (fall and spring) at MCC, earned a minimum of a 3.60 high school GPA, commit to represent MCC each semester (fall and spring) as well as complete other requirements as listed on this application.
Please note that five total Presidential Talent Scholarships will be awarded.
Board of Trustees Scholarship
The Board of Trustees Scholarship will be awarded to qualified individuals based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and community involvement. Recipients must be a McHenry County College indistrict high school graduate from December 2017 to June 2018.
Recipients of the Board of Trustees Scholarship will receive 60 (in district) credit hours of tuition at McHenry County College. Recipients must pay for their fees and books. Recipients are required to enroll in a least twelve (12) credit hours per semester (fall and spring) at MCC, earned a minimum of a 3.0 high school GPA, as well as complete other requirements as listed on this application.
Please note that three (3) total Board of Trustee Scholarships will be awarded.
Centegra Health System Auxiliary Offers 2 Scholarships
Jackie Sund Nursing Scholarship and Audrey Ballard Nursing Scholarship. Go to https://centegra.org/scholarships/ for applications and details about these outstanding individuals.
Vincent J. Vittore Memorial Scholarship
The Vincent J. Vittore Memorial Scholarship was founded by the BTB Foundation to honor the enthusiasm, humor and strength that Vince displayed during his life and for his love for family, friends and great journalism.
McHenry Garden Club
McHenry Garden Club to Award $3,000 in Scholarships
The McHenry Garden Club will award Scholarships totaling $3,000 to High School graduating seniors and students currently enrolled in a college or university. This program is supported by our annual spring "Container Garden Gala" and winter "Holiday Floral Show."
Rotary District 6440 Vocational Scholarship
Scholarship grants in the amount of $1,500 each will be awarded to support educational programs preparing students for vocational or technical careers attainable with less than a four-year degree. Grants will be limited to an Associate Degree or equivalent certification program.
This scholarship aids students majoring in a Health Care Professional field who reside in the hospital service area. Applications are available in February and the deadline for submittal of the completed application including current references, transcripts, and proof of acceptance into a Health Care Professional program is Monday, April 9, 2018 by 4pm.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- Disability Scholarships A-to-Z
An online directory of scholarships for students with disabilities. To find a scholarship, select one of the disabilities listed in the left column or type the disability into the search field. Go to: http://www.dsaz.org/ to get started!
- Best Colleges.com
Find in-depth guides for studying smarter so that you can get the most out of your college education. Regardless of where you choose to enroll, it’s wise to plan how you will cover the cost. Explore your options for financing your education. Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/
- Looking to the future? Go to http://www.discoverbusiness.us/education/online-mba/ for great information & tips about MBA programs.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grant for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!
- Interested in Culinary? Check out this website for all kinds of great tips and information: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/financial-aid-scholarships/
- Need Scholarship information for Firescience? Check out this website for tips & information for firescience: http://www.firescience.org/fire-and-forestry-scholarships/