Friends of MCC Foundation Scholarships
The generosity of our donors allows MCC to provide numerous scholarships to students who exhibit academic, merit, financial need, strong leadership and service to their communities. See Friends of MCC scholarship details.
WTS Junior College Scholarship
Each year the WTS Greater Chicago Chapter honors exceptional young women as they pursue careers in the transportation industry. Our chapter offers six local scholarships for women seeking both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Go to: http://www.wtsinternational.org/greaterchicago/scholarships/ for details. Deadline: E-mail must be received by 11:59pm CT, June 1, 2018.
FRAN JOHNSON SECOND CHANCE SCHOLARSHIP
In memory of Fran Johnson, a former Zonta member and community activist. Go to: https://cod.academicworks.com/opportunities/834 to apply. Deadline is June 1, 2018.
Horatio Alger Scholarship
The Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the Horatio Alger Endowment Fund and the generosity of Association Chairman Emeritus and Endowment Fund President Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States. Go to: https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/about-our-scholarship-programs/technical/ before June 15, 2018 for more information and application.
Independent Accountants Association of Illinois
Independent Accountants Association of Illinois Foundation is offering two $1000 scholarships! Go to: https://www.illinoisaccountants.com/resources/scholarship Deadline is June 30, 2018.
Columbia College Chicagoland Transfer Award
Apply as a transfer student if you’ve completed high school, home school, or a GED and have enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at a postsecondary college or university. This excludes dual enrollments, courses taken at Columbia College Chicago, and/or any postsecondary enrollment during the summer immediately following secondary school graduation or GED completion. Go to: https://www.colum.edu/admissions/requirements/transfer.html for application and more information. Complete your application by: July 31, 2018.
Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation
The Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation (REEF) awards scholarships to students of real estate and related fields of study at colleges and universities both within and outside Illinois.
ScholarshipExperts.com has been helping parents and student find scholarships and free college money since 2001.
MCC also encourages you to explore outside scholarship resources such as private scholarships offered by employers, religious organizations, community-based organizations, foundations, companies, and many others.
We recommend the following resources to find various scholarship search web sites and more information on applying for scholarships while avoiding scholarship scams.
- Disability Scholarships A-to-Z
An online directory of scholarships for students with disabilities. To find a scholarship, select one of the disabilities listed in the left column or type the disability into the search field. Go to: http://www.dsaz.org/ to get started!
- Best Colleges.com
Find in-depth guides for studying smarter so that you can get the most out of your college education. Regardless of where you choose to enroll, itâ€™s wise to plan how you will cover the cost. Explore your options for financing your education. Go to: http://www.bestcolleges.com/
- Looking to the future? Go to http://www.discoverbusiness.us/education/online-mba/ for great information & tips about MBA programs.
- General information about financial aid – www.collegezone.com
- Scholarships, loans, military aid – www.finaid.org
- Minority students/Bill and Melinda Gates – www.gmsp.org
- Early Childhood Program – www.inccrra.org
- Various divisions of the American Cancer Society offer students with a history of cancer a scholarship program to help them achieve their academic goals (800) ACS-2345.
- AmeriCorps has three programs of community service that require a ten month to one year full-time commitment and will then award an educational grantÂ for schooling or replaying student loans (800) 942-2677.
- Cancer scholarships offer students and their families who are survivors searching for ways to afford a college education may receive some assistance by researching this website.
- Illinois Leading source for Scholarship Money
- Undergraduate scholarship
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Options – Looking for more great tips and resources? Checkout this website with a video library and financial aid dictionary.
- Latino College Dollars
- Get scholarship updates at StudentScholarships.org - http://www.studentscholarships.org/2014scholarships.php
- Don't know where to start or how to start looking for scholarships? Go to: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide for great tips!
- Paying for Nursing school, go to: http://www.rntobsn.org/financial-assistance for information, resources and many great scholarships!
- Interested in Culinary? Check out this website for all kinds of great tips and information: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/culinary-schools/financial-aid-scholarships/
- Need Scholarship information for Firescience? Check out this website for tips & information for firescience: http://www.firescience.org/fire-and-forestry-scholarships/