If you're interested in why a system is designed in a particular fashion and how it works, earning your Engineering Technology AAS will provide you the opportunity to acquire hands-on technical skills that will enable you to solve production and system implementation problems and help you explain solutions. Learn using state-of-the-art technology like mathematical computational software, computer-aided design (CAD) and simulation technology and help fill the growing need for college-educated problem solvers who can support the engineering process.
The Engineering Technology AAS encompasses the stackable Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining Certificate, the Advanced Manufacturing Certificate, the Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate and the Architectural and Engineering Design Technology Certificate.
All courses in this Fast Track program are arranged in a sequence that provides optimal learning opportunities. You're required to follow the integrated program sequence.
Total Cost of Engineering Technology AAS
(in-district) Total Amount: $10,140.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 66
Weeks to Complete: 80
In addition to the Engineering Technology AAS, we offer:
- Advanced Manufacturing Certificate, Fast Track
- Architectural and Engineering Design Technology Certificate, Fast Track
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Certificate, Fast Track
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining Certificate, Fast Track
What you need to know about getting your Engineering Technology AAS (CIP 15.0000 )
|Additional Engineering Technology AAS Costs||$2,880.00||$2,880.00||$2,880.00||$2,880.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Engineering Technology AAS?
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||17-3022|
|Engineering Techs, except Drafters, All other||17-3029|
|Industrial Engineering Technicians||17-3026|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians||17-3027|
|Surveying and Mapping Technicians||17-3031|
How will MCC's Engineering Technology AAS program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Ask about internships
By the Numbers:
- The median salary for engineering technologists is $50,600 in the state of Illinois
- In 2012, local manufacturing companies had on average 58 engineering technology job openings
- The Occupational Employment Projections for McHenry County project 76 annual CNC openings each year from 2008 to 2018
Outside of the Classroom
Engineering Students Compete in Regional Catapult Contest;
MCC Foursome Finishes First Overall …
Want more information on The Fast Track?
For course schedule details, call (815) 479-7831. Or, fill out our contact form and we'll contact you.