The Early Childhood Level II Certificate may be appropriate for you if you already have a degree but wish to become preschool/child care teacher qualified, or you have a year of experience in the field and some college but wish to take specialized early childhood education courses to become teacher qualified. This certificate also benefits you if you have a CDA Credential™ and still need 12 credits to satisfy DCFS licensing qualifications to be a director.
Total Cost of Early Childhood Level II Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $3,119.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 19
Weeks to Complete: 32
What makes MCC's Early Childhood Level II Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- The early childhood program at MCC offers hands-on activities and experiences in all of the courses. You'll observe and participate in classrooms that are staffed by experienced early childhood teachers.
- 90% of ECE students are hired within three months of graduation
In addition to the Early Childhood Level II Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Early Childhood Level II Certificate (CIP 19.0709 )
|Additional Early Childhood Level II Certificate Costs||$1,029.00||$1,029.00||$1,029.00||$1,029.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Early Childhood Level II Certificate?
Preschool or childcare teacher
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
How will MCC's Early Childhood Level II Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Students who obtain the 12 credit hour certificate in early childhood education are teacher qualified, as long as they have a total of 60 college credits in conjunction with this certificate.
The following childcare centers in McHenry County actively recruit early childhood students from our program
- McHenry County Head Start
- Friendship House
- Bright Horizons
By the Numbers:
- Salaries vary depending on the type of employment setting. While private preschool/child care settings pay approximately $10 to $12 per hour, many corporate centers pay close to $15 per hour with experience.
What have graduates gone on to do?
- 90% of students are hired within 3 months of graduation
- Many of the early childhood students who graduate with this certificate decide to continue on in the program to earn credits toward becoming director qualified
Outside of the Classroom
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 479-7767
Free Online Illinois Basic Skill Test Prep for MCC students
Call (815) 479-7565 for more info and password.
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you »