If you've registered for an online or blended course at MCC, you’ll be using Canvas, MCC’s online course management system, to access instructional content. All instructional content will be delivered via Canvas.
- Access Canvas from your web browser (recommended)
- Log on to myMCC
- Select the Canvas Online Learning icon
- Type https://mchenry.instructure.com into your browser's address bar
- Log on to Canvas using your myMCC username and password
Canvas Browser Support
- Firefox - Recommended! You can set up Firefox to update automatically. 56 and 57 (extended releases are not supported)
- Chrome - Recommended! Chrome is updated automatically once downloaded. 62 and 63.
- Safari - This is the default browser on all Apple computers. Get new updates by running Apple updates on your computer.
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge - The latest version of Edge and IE will work with Canvas, but Chrome and Firefox are preferred. If you have problems, please switch to Chrome or Firefox.
- Flash 27 and 28 (used for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files
Note: If you’ve upgraded your browser but you’re still seeing the warning “Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas,” try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies.
Access Canvas on your smart device
We recommend that students do not complete assignments and quizzes in Canvas (via browser or app) from smartphones to avoid potential technical issues with assignment submission or quiz taking.
For IOS Devices
For Android Devices
Access your course(s) by selecting Courses from the global navigation at the top of your Canvas home page. Then select the name of the course you wish to open from the menu. Once in a course, look around and familiarize yourself.
Note: You must have enrolled in a credit course in order to have access to Canvas. A credit course will not be available to students before the first day of the course unless an instructor chooses to make the course available early.
- Save Your Work in an E-Portfolio in Canvas
See who should build an e-portfolio, how to build an e-portfolio and e-portfolio requirements at www.mchenry.edu/eportfolio
- MCC 101 Online Course
If you're registered for an online section of MCC 101, it is very important that you log on to Canvas prior to the first class to get critical information about the structure of the course. We only have eight required class meetings, so that first class is essential to your success in the course. Remember, you must successfully complete MCC 101 to satisfy this important first-year requirement of your college experience!