You have a good head for numbers. Maybe you've helped out a local business as an unofficial bookkeeper and you're considering a career change. Earn your Bookkeeping Certificate and learn how to analyze, record and summarize accounting transactions manually, in QuickBooks® and using Peachtree® General Ledger.
As a bookkeeper, you'll be responsible for general accounting functions that include:
- preparing general journal entries
- maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and bank reconciliations
- assisting with monthly costing and account analysis
Total Cost of Bookkeeping Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $2,189.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 12
Weeks to Complete: 16
What makes MCC's Bookkeeping Certificate program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC's accounting programs are designed to be stackable. A stackable career track provides a pathway for advancement through a career ladder. The pathways are clearly-designed sequences of career-related courses. You can accumulate a sequence of certificates over time to build on your qualifications and to help you to advance along a career path. Stackable credentials assist you in advancing in your career, providing for higher paying jobs, which can lead to a higher standard of living.
In addition to the Bookkeeping Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Bookkeeping Certificate (CIP 520302)
|Additional Bookkeeping Certificate Costs||$869.00||$869.00||$869.00||$869.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a Bookkeeping Certificate?
Prepare to get a job as an accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, bookkeeper or teller or as an entry-level accountant in business administration, operations or a financial operations department.
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||43-3031|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||43-3051|
How will MCC's Bookkeeping Certificate prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Ask about internships with local businesses
By the Numbers:
- Salaries range from $25,000 to $40,130
- Projected increase of jobs of 10% over the next 10 years
What have graduates gone on to do?
- Many students start as bookkeepers and continue on to get Tax Practitioner Certificates and their AAS in Accounting before earning their CPAs
- Several students have opened their own businesses
Outside the Classroom
Already an MCC student?
Department Chair: (815) 455-8732
Interested in getting started at MCC?
Send me more information about this program and MCC.
Ask us to contact you »