MCC is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees who are elected for staggered six-year terms, and one non-voting student trustee who serves a one-year term. As the legislative body of the College District, the Board of Trustees is responsible for the development and adoption of District policies and for making related decisions.
Regular Board Meetings of the McHenry County College Board of Trustees are held in the Board Room (A217) at 6 p.m. These meetings are open to the public. We welcome community members and other guests however, we request visitors do not take flash photography during meetings.
NOTICE OF PROPOSED PROPERTY TAX INCREASE | MCHENRY COUNTY COLLEGE
- A public hearing on the Proposed 2019 Tax Levy for McHenry County College District #528, McHenry, Lake, Kane, and Boone Counties, Illinois, will be held at 6:00 p.m. on the 21st day of November 2019 in Room A217 on the campus of McHenry County College, 8900 U.S. Hwy 14, Crystal Lake, IL.
- Any person desiring to appear at the public hearing and present testimony to the taxing district may contact Robert Tenuta, CFO/Treasurer, 8900 U.S. Hwy 14, Crystal Lake, IL, (815) 455-8585.
- The operating and special purpose property taxes extended for 2018 were $27,966,936.
- The proposed operating and special purpose property taxes to be levied for 2019 are $28,697,502. This represents a 2.61% increase over the previous year.
- The debt service property tax extended for 2018 was $0.
- The proposed debt service property tax to be levied for 2019 is $0. This represents a 0% increase over the previous year.
- The total property taxes extended for 2018 were $27,966,936.
- The proposed total property taxes to be levied for 2019 are $28,697,502. This represents a 2.61% increase over the previous year.
McHenry County College District #528
Note: Information and materials presented at Committee of the Whole meetings are preliminary and considered working documents.
⚠️ Videos are not available at this time due to technical issues. We apologize for the inconvenience.
⚠️ The 8/13/19 Committee of the Whole meeting will not be available via live stream due to technical difficulties.