Continue to check your email for updates
📧 Update your email
It's extremely important to make sure you provide us with a personal, not a high school, email address. Update your email through our Registration office in A257 or call (815) 455-8588.
💻 Log into myMCC
- You'll receive emails with your myMCC username and password. It's important to log into the system to make sure that you can access your information.
- If you don't remember receiving your myMCC emails or need help accessing your username and password, visit www.mchenry.edu/myMCC for login assistance.
📜 Submit transcripts
Request that the school you attended send your high school and/or college transcript directly to MCC Admissions. If you're graduating this year, you'll need to request your high school transcript now, and then again, upon high school graduation.
📫 Send MCC your ACT/SAT scores
Placement into college-level English and math is determined by ACT or SAT score, AP credit, prior college credit or placement tests. See placement testing details at the Testing Center.
These high schools will also add your ACT or SAT scores to your transcript upon request:
- McHenry East and West
- Woodstock and Woodstock North
If your high school isn't listed above, bring or send a printed copy of your ACT or SAT scores to MCC Admissions .
Request your scores as follows:
- Visit www.act.org to access ACT scores
- Visit www.collegeboard.org to access SAT and AP scores.
- Official AP scores are required to receive credit at MCC.
You will not be able to register for English or math classes without this information on file.
📑 Determine if you need to take English or math placement tests as indicated by your ACT/SAT scores
You aren't required to take an English placement test if you received:
- ACT 19 or higher in English and 19 or higher in Reading or
- SAT (pre-2016) composite reading and writing score of 990 or writing score of 490 or higher
- SAT (2016 or later) composite reading and writing score of 480
You aren't required to take math placement tests if you received:
- ACT math score 22 or higher (valid for 2 years from test date) or
- SAT (2016 or later) math score 530 or higher or
- you have prior college math credit
- 📚 Prepare for English and math placement tests
📅 Register for English and math placement tests
We recommend that you register online to schedule your English and math placement tests. Walk-ins are available on a limited basis. Students who register for their tests will be given preference over walk-in test takers.
💼 Take Career Coach
Career Coach is a free assessment that will link you to career fields that match your interest areas.
Complete Your FAFSA
Use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form at www.studentaid.ed.gov to apply for federal and state grants and federal direct loans. While MCC has a priority deadline date of May 1, students may apply for financial aid throughout the academic year. For more detailed information, visit www.mchenry.edu/financialaid .