Head Coach: Jared Wacker
With a 10-0 victory over Black Hawk College in the Region IV tournament, Coach Jared Wacker reached the 300 win milestone for his college coaching career. “I have always believed in the junior college process and the development it can provide individuals as students, players, and young men,” says Wacker. “We’re trying to recruit committed and motivated student-athletes with lofty goals and we’re focusing all of our resources as a staff to help them accomplish these goals.” Wacker also referred to the accomplishments of the 2016 World Series team. “Everything that team worked so hard to accomplish will only benefit every player that now enters the program with attention from four-year and professional scouts.”
Jared Wacker received his AS degree from MCC in 2000 and his BS degree in Marketing from Elmhurst College in 2002. In addition to his coaching responsibilities, Wacker was also hired as the Coordinator of Student-Athlete Success in 2012. He and his wife, Amy, have two daughters Ella and Mila and they reside in Huntley, IL.
In 2003, Wacker began his college coaching career at MCC as an assistant coach. He would hold this position for three years before being named the Head Baseball Coach at Rock Valley College in the fall of 2006. After one season at Rock Valley, he returned to accept a full-time position at MCC as an enrollment processor and assistant baseball coach. After holding additional positions as Student Development Advisor and Coordinator of Registration, Wacker was promoted to Head Baseball Coach in the fall of 2011.
The Scots won over 73% of their games the past 2011-2018.
The 2016 team reached #6 in the NJCAA DII national poll and finished 7th at the NJCAA DII World Series. The 2013 and 2015 teams were nationally ranked in the NJCAA Division II poll. The 2015 team reached #16 in the nation.
The Scots have been ranked in the NJCAA national poll each of the last four seasons, ranking as high as #6 in 2016 and #7 in 2018.
- The Scots won at least 40 games each of the past four seasons, including the ISCC championship in 2016 and 2017
- Over the past four seasons, seven of Coach Wacker’s players have earned All-American honors.
- For the past two seasons, an MCC player has earned the ISCC Player of the Year (2017 – Nick Vasic, 2018 – Ryan Parquette) as well as ISCC Pitcher of the Year (2017 – Tyler Jones, 2018 – Ryan Anderson).
- The NJCAA Region IV Player of the Year has also played under Coach Wacker the past two seasons. Nick Vasic won the award in 2017 and Alex Cimaroli won it in 2018.
- The Scots have also earned a team GPA above a 3.00 each of the last three seasons. Fifteen baseball student-athletes earned national recognition for their efforts in the classroom over the last two seasons alone.
- Scots Moving On – heading into the 2017-2018 season, 60 players have moved on to play baseball and continue their educations at four year institutions.
- Statistically, the Scots have been among the nation’s best teams as well: offensively the Scots have averaged over nine runs per game each of the last two seasons (2017/2018) while finishing in the top five of several offensive categories during Wacker's tenure.
- The Scots pitching staff has lead the nation in shutouts in two of the three past seasons (2016/2018).
In 1999, Wacker began his playing career at MCC as a member of the Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference Championship team in 1999 and served as team captain in 2000 when the team went on to become NJCAA Region 4 Sectional Championship. He successfully transferred from MCC to Elmhurst College where he became a member of the Blue Jays Baseball Team 2000 through 2002. He was also a camp instructor for the Chicago White Sox Training Academy in Lisle, IL from 2001 to 2007 where his 16 and under travel team competed in the 2006 Junior Olympics. Wacker has also been involved with local travel baseball organizations, holding positions with the McHenry County Hurricanes as well as the Crystal Lake Bombers.
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference Coach of the Year
- 2016 NJCAA DII Region IV Coach of the Year
- 2016 NJCAA DII North Central District Coach of the Year
- 2016 ABCA NJCAA DII Regional Coach of the Year by Diamond Sports
Wacker received the 2012 Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference Newcomer Coach of the Year Award in his inaugural head coaching season.
Coaching Record at MCC
Contact Coach Wacker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head Coach: Jared Wacker
Assistant Coaches: Anthony Borecky, Quint Zambon
For more information, contact Karen Wiley, Director of Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation A127A
- (815) 455-8580
- Fax (815) 455-8899