MCC Student Art Exhibit runs through May 16, 2019 in Gallery One and Gallery Two, A212 - Library
Congratulations Art Students
- First Place - Natalia Gubernov, "Interference", Oil on canvas
- Second Place - Melissa Ragusin, "By the Pool", Archival Inkjet Print
- Third Place - "Art Deco Lady", Stoneware
- Linda Cannizzo; "Sisters of Venus", Stoneware
- John Diedrich, "Elizabeth", Brass and plastic
- Angela Phistry, "Phantom", Archival Inkjet Print
- Mark Regan, "500", Archival Inkjet Print
- Kathryn Beam, "I'm in Stitches", Archival Inkjet Print
- Julia Fisher, "Bound in Binary", Oil on canvas
- Josie Rochell, "Study in Color 1 & 2"
Ryan Long Award
- Kathryn Beam
- Francesca Rose McGinley
McHenry County College has four galleries on campus with an average of thirty exhibitions per year:
Gallery exhibitions include works from emerging and established artists from local, regional and national locales. The galleries feature diverse solo and group exhibitions with the intent of exposing students and the community to the wide range of media, styles, and content utilized in contemporary art practice.
Visiting artists often present lectures and workshops in conjunction with exhibitions. The galleries are also used for exhibits of student work and specific course-related installations and projects. Please check the gallery exhibit schedule for updates. All galleries are free and open to the public.
In addition to rotating gallery exhibitions, there are numerous selections of permanent and loaned works displayed on campus.
- The Permanent Art Collection is displayed throughout the main campus and off-site locations.
- The Portrait in Print Collection is on permanent exhibition in the MCC library.
- Large-scale sculpture is located in several sites on the MCC campus.