Can't live without your smart phone? Have an idea for an app to make your life easier? Earn your AAS in Mobile Design and Development and learn to design and develop mobile applications! We provide a comprehensive education for students with no experience, as well as an excellent opportunity for people changing careers or looking to take individual courses to stay current in their existing jobs.
Today's application development includes so much more than games. Businesses of all types are clamoring for ways to engage with their mobile customers. There are many high-paying, in-demand jobs for mobile application developers, but employers expect to see formal education on applicants’ resumes. Start by earning a certificate in Android Development, IOS Development, or Programming Fundamentals and apply those credits toward your AAS in Mobile Design and Development.
Once you've learned design theory and have experience in programming for multiple mobile platforms, consider rounding out your skillset with our Web Design and Development AAS program.
Total Cost of AAS in Mobile Design and Development
(in-district) Total Amount: $10,259.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 60
Weeks to Complete: 64
What makes MCC's AAS in Mobile Design and Development program better than or distinct from similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has gathered an advisory team of business leaders to guide development of this program to ensure that the curriculum prepares you for today's job market.
- By offering critical-thinking exercises, presentations and real-world experience, we help you develop the necessary technical and soft skills employers are looking for.
- The program’s labs run the latest software for both Android and iOS devices.
In addition to the AAS in Mobile Design and Development, we offer these related programs:
- Android Development Certificate
- iOS Development Certificate
- Programming Fundamentals Certificate
- Web Design and Development AAS
- Digital Media AAS
What you need to know about getting your AAS in Mobile Design and Development (CIP 11.0202 )
|Additional AAS in Mobile Design and Development Costs||$3,659.00||$3,659.00||$3,659.00||$3,659.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with a AAS in Mobile Design and Development?
- Software developer
- Web developer
- User Interface developer
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
How will MCC's AAS in Mobile Design and Development program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- According to the Department of Labor, employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent through 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. The main reason for the rapid growth is a large increase in the demand for computer software.
By the Numbers:
- Job Outlook: employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent through 2024
Ask about internships!