Advanced Welding Technician Certificate
The Advanced Welding Technician Certificate is designed for specific advanced careers in production welding. Complete the Welding Technician Certificate and then choose from applicable welding courses in advanced stick and TIG. The Advanced Welding Technician Certificate allows you to become eligible for specialized welding certifications through the American Welding Society (AWS).
All courses in this Fast Track program are arranged in a sequence that provides optimal learning opportunities. You're required to follow the integrated program sequence.
Total Cost of Advanced Welding Technician Certificate
(in-district) Total Amount: $4,068.00
Credit Hours to Complete: 24
Weeks to Complete: 47
What makes MCC's Advanced Welding Technician Certificate program better than, or distinct from, similar programs at other institutions?
- MCC has worked closely with local manufacturers to develop curriculum to address the type of skill sets that they need developed in order to fill vacant positions.
- Our welding certificates complement the credit-based skills in MCC’s manufacturing and industrial maintenance programs.
- MCC's curriculum includes the MIG pulse spray ARC transfer welding, as requested by employers in the district. We have the only welding program offering this in our area.
In addition to the Advanced Welding Technician Certificate, we offer:
What you need to know about getting your Advanced Welding Technician Certificate (CIP 48.0508 )
|Additional Advanced Welding Technician Certificate Costs||$1,428.00||$1,428.00||$1,428.00||$1,428.00|
What job opportunities are available to someone with an Advanced Welding Technician Certificate?
- Advanced Specialized Welder
- Machine and mechanical equipment repair and maintenance, construction projects, and welding related to electrical, air-conditioning and heating systems
|Occupation and Occupational Profile Link||SOC Code|
|Sheet Metal Workers||47-2211|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||51-2041|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||51-4121|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||51-4122|
How will MCC's Advanced Welding Technician Certificate program prepare me for my career or connect me to opportunities?
- Industry partners in need of welders have reviewed and approved the curriculum, assuring that you'll be learning the skills they need today. These industry partners meet with MCC annually to review the curriculum, discuss industry standards and any related changes, and offer advice for keeping graduates employment-ready in this field of work.
- Course material offered throughout the welding certificates is designed to help you develop the requisite skills to pass the certified welder tests in accordance with the American Welding Society standards. The final projects in the capstone course in each certificate program are similar to those that will be required for you to be certified in American Welding Society D1.1 Structural Welding Steel.
- Courses are taught by industry experts in welding who will discuss obtaining positions in welding as part of the curriculum.
By the Numbers:
- Potential salaries range from $40,000 to $80,000. Actual salary for such positions will depend on specific years of service and experience.
- Nationally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment for welders to grow by 6% by 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor)