Nursing Program Admission Requirements
All admission requirements must be complete or in progress in order to apply to the Nursing Program.
- A grade of C or better is required for all general education and support courses:
- BIO 255
- BIO 263 and 264
- ENG 151
- HCE 110
- HCE 111
- HFE 250
- PSY 151
- PSY 250
- and SPE 151 (or equivalent courses).
- BIO 263 and 264 (or equivalent) must have been completed within five years of acceptance into the nursing program.
- HCE 110 must have been completed within one year of acceptance into the nursing program.
- The cumulative GPA for general education and support courses must equal 2.5 or better.
- MAT 079 or MAT 099, MAT 020 and MAT 120, or a college algebra course with a C or better or placement into MAT 161 on the math placement exam is required.
- You must complete the preadmission test - Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®). See annual TEAS test dates and procedures
- You must be a Certified Nurse Assistant with documentation of good standing on the Illinois Health Care Worker (IHCW) Registry (formerly the Nurse Aide Registry). This documentation can be found on the IHCW Registry website
- Preference will be given to residents of Community College District #528. Check to see if you live in District 528
If you have questions about how to meet these requirements, please contact an advisor.