Work Study Employment
Job Title: Student Worker- Food Services
Department: Food ServicesJob Description:
***THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY***
THERE ARE 4 POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
WORK YEAR: Fall & Spring Semesters only
WORK WEEK: up to 16 hours/week/mostly evening
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide assistance with food prep, stocking and cleaning under direction of department staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Daily: 1. Assist staff with daily food preparation as assigned. 2. Assist staff with catering preparations and service needs. 3. Assist department staff with product stocking and food deliveries. 4. Stock and refill needs in the cafeteria. 5.Sweep the walk-ins and storeroom. Mop if needed. 6. Assist staff with cleaning needs. * For further task specifics, refer to tasks description in departmental manual.
SUPERVISION: Reports directly to the Director of Food Services.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Must be a current approved federally funded student of MCC
EXPERIENCE: MUST have some experience in a professional food service environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs. of stock.
• Dependable, neat, personal cleanliness.
• Ability to serve customers tactfully and courteously.
• A willingness to learn and a flexible attitude.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE: This position is subject to blood borne pathogen legislation.
BENEFITS: This position is allotted a free meal during their shift.
- Learn/practice basic food preparation techniquesLearn/practice the basics of a Food Service operation.
- Learn/practice basics of catering operations.
- Learn/practice sanitation and food safety requirements for food operations.
- Learn/practice positive customer service skills.
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.