Job Title: Art Department Assistant
Department: ArtJob Description:
***THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY***
The student worker employed by the Art Department at McHenry County College will be expected to be able to:
- Assist with monitoring office supplies within the department and A144
- Assist with office tasks, such as checking in/out lockers, cleaning – including vacuuming, dusting, organizing, maintaining general office systems and procedures, answering phones, directing visitors, faculty support – such as filing, sign making, slide categorizing, etc.
- Hang student work in common areas and A144 neatly and thoughtfully.
- Clean sinks, tables and chairs in studios and classrooms - sweep when needed.
- Assist Studio Assistant with larger projects as needed and determined by the Department Chair and Studio Assistant as capabilities dictate.
Photography Studio Lab Student Worker will additionally be expected to:
- Mix and keep photo chemicals clean and ready for student use, general cleaning of the photography studio. Report any maintenance that should be done by the Studio Assistant.
- Be a safety and security presence in the Mac Lab during open lab hours.
Ceramics Studio Lab Student Worker will additionally be expected to:
- Be able to lift 50lbs, mix clay, mix glazes, and generally help the Ceramics Instructor in specific Ceramics Studio related duties.
- Learning Objectives • To have an understanding of studio management and maintenance • To gain experience with small exhibition skills • To gain an understanding of day to day operations of an educational department • To become confident with self-direction in the studio and classroom environment • To work well independently
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.