Job Title: Career Peer Coach
Department: Office of Career ServicesJob Description:
***THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY and have a GPA of at least a 2.0 ***
• Provide basic, tactful, and diplomatic resume, cover letter, and application critiques encompassing current employer trends. Must feel comfortable providing non-judgmental direction to students and community members of all ages and educational backgrounds
• Assist students and community members in the use of our career board, collegecentral.com/mchenry, and other job search technology including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Identify new and upcoming technologies in the career services field
• Organize and keep career services campus board and Facebook up-to-date. Other departmental boards may be implemented
• Serve as career service advocates on campus. Provide outreach services to campus organizations and peers. Run career services informational table
• Assist in planning, researching, and presenting workshops
• Participate in mandatory paid training
• Assist in the creation and writing of career services newsletter
• Duties may be updated upon acceptance of both parties
• Must be an MCC Student eligible for federal work study program grant in good academic standing.• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience with public speaking preferred.• Dependability, initiative, creativity, friendliness, and enthusiasm.• Business casual dress (ex. Khakis or nice slacks and collared shirt)
• Up to 20 consistent, flexible hours a week. Hours and schedule to be determined upon hire based on need and availability
• Learning objectives:
• Strengthen your interpersonal, marketing, and employability skills
• Expand your resume and develop new, transferrable job skills
• Try out a field or work environment you may be considering for your career
• You’re already on campus – no additional travel required!
• The opportunity to be a part of a career team dedicated to student success, employability, and retention. Your creative ideas, opinions, and suggestions will be valued.
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to Office of Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: email@example.com. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.