Work Study Employment
Job Title: Financial Aid Front Desk Assistant
Department: Financial Aid and Veteran ServicesJob Description:
To be filled ASAP
***THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN 6 CREDIT HOURS (3 for summer semester if institutionally funded) AND HAVE AT LEAST A 2.0 GPA AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY. WE ALSO RECCOMMEND A COMPLETED FAFSA***
If you are unsure of your federal eligibility please email email@example.com
• Welcome students to the Financial Aid Office
• Deliver general FA information to the student population
• Aid students in navigating their MyMCC account online
• Work with FA office assistant and specialists when student needs exceed general FA information Assist Specialist, Coordinator, and Director with projects as necessary
• General office duties including mail, filing, data entry etc.
• Professional behavior and appearance
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Pleasant demeanor
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• MS Office experience a plus
Position not to exceed 20 hours a week; Hours are flexible to work around class schedule. Hours range from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8a-6p, Friday- 8:00-4:30p, including variable hours as needed.
• Become an effective communicator in a service environment
• Improved interpersonal skills with members and visitors of an office environment
• Learn first-hand about the Financial Aid process
• Become familiar with working in a Government regulated field
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.