Job Title: Orientation Student Leader
Department: OrientationJob Description:
***THIS IS A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED AS AN MCC STUDENT TO QUALIFY***
Orientation Student Leaders are allowed to work for two different departments on campus. We will work with your current supervisor to make sure you do not work over 20 hours a week between the two departments.
• Become familiar with MCC degree and course information and campus resources
• Prepare orientation materials
• Welcome new students and families to MCC
• Guide new students through orientation activities
• Lead students on campus tours
• Assist advisors during registration
• Participate in Parent Orientation
• Participate in Opening Day/MCC Palooza
• Currently enrolled at MCC for spring 2018, returning for fall 2018
• Good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA
• Commitment to fulfill contract period of April-August
• Leadership and/or involvement experience (MCC and/or community)
• Positive attitude and public presence
• Knowledge of MCC and student life activities
• Concern for others and ability to interact well as a member of a team
• Build customer service skills
• Develop professional relationships with peers, faculty, staff and students
• Gain leadership experience valuable for career marketability and resume building
• Give back to the MCC campus community
Applications are due no later than 4:30pm on Friday, February 23. Applications are available in Room A257 or online at www.mchenry.edu/oslContact Information:
8900 U.S. Highway 14
Crystal lake, IL 60012
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. List the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Positions will be posted until filled.
*Please review the minimum qualifications to ensure you meet these requirements prior to submitting your application. Only applicants meeting the minimums will be considered for an interview opportunity.